a place just for us (wangxian) PT. 9

Walking outside of the city grounds for the first time, Ah Yuan and Jinghua took deep breaths of the air outside of the city. The smells of foods were gone, but the fresh air was a change that they loved. Jinghua remained calm, her warm smile matching up perfectly with her hair flowing in the wind. 

They continued walking. Ah Yuan couldn't hold in his excitement, giggling while looking at all of the trees and nature he had never seen before. Jinghua walked up next to her father, looking at his facial expression, surprised to see him anxious. She had been studying her father's face for years, trying to figure out what he felt. 

"Father," She said, watching Lan Zhan turn to her and smile, "You're worried about us, aren't you?"

Wangji sighed, nodding. He wanted to protect both of them as best he could as a parent.

Jinghua smiled, "You've always said, whatever happens, happens. I've stood by that my entire life, and I will stand by it until I die."

Lan Zhan smiled, knowing that his daughter was right. She had always been mature, ever since she was thirteen. She was almost twenty years old, but she continued to mature even further every year. Jinghua smiled, watching her father turn back forward.

Jinghua walked back to where Ah Yuan was, watching him carry a butterfly on his index finger. 

"You've always had a special connection to animals, Ah Yuan," Jinghua stated, watching her younger brother pet the butterfly's delicate wings.

"It's so beautiful, and yet so fragile. They could break at any moment, even at a simple touch. Beauty does take pain, doesn't it?" Ah Yuan smiled, watching the butterfly flutter off of his finger.

Jinghua watched his eyes sparkle with fascination. It was moments like these that made her admire her little brother's view of the universe. He really had a wondrous mind.

***

Reaching Lotus Pier, They kept their hoods on, hiding their faces and walking to the central building. They decided to spend a couple of days in Lotus Pier, knowing they would be accepted there. 

Jiang Wanyin and Jiang Yanli were talking to each other when they noticed the four. Yanli lit up, knowing it was her little brother.

"Ah Xian!" She walked up to him, watching him lift his hood. The other three lifted their hoods, bowing to her and Jiang Cheng.

"These are your kids, aren't they?" She asked, walking up to the two of them.

"My name is Jinghua. It's a pleasure to meet you, Lady Jiang," Jinghua bowed once again, her hands soon being held by Yanli.

"Just call me 'Auntie,'" She smiled, looking over to Ah Yuan, "And what is your name?"

Ah Yuan bowed, "My name is Wen Yuan. It's lovely to meet you, Auntie."

Yanli smiled, "You both will get along perfectly with Jin Ling. He's currently in Lanling, but you'll meet him when all the clans meet outside of Qinghe."

"You'll be staying here for a couple of days, right?" Jiang Cheng asked, looking at Lan Zhan and Wei Ying. 

"Yeah. I'll let the kids roam around if you don't mind," Wei Ying spoke, earning a nod from Jiang Cheng.

Ah Yuan giggled, grabbing Jinghua's hand and running outside of the building.

"Be careful and come back by nine!" Wei Ying shouted. 

The two of them shouted back, "We know!"

The four of them sat down and began to talk about things they had missed out on.