a bedroom occurrence (yizhan)

Yibo stood in a bedroom, waiting for Xiao Zhan to come back from his busy schedule. He was dressed rather terribly, having run out of his house so quick to enter Xiao Zhan's house. He wore a sweater that was too big for him. Even the shorts he wore (which led down to half of his thighs), were covered by his cream-colored sweater. 

He had an intense fear of being alone, and his mother had gone on a trip without telling him. He bit his nails and the skin around it out of nervousness, pacing back and forth. He was getting restless, and he only relaxed when he heard the voice of Xiao Zhan talking to his cat.

"Zhan-ge?" He spoke in a shaky voice, looking around the corner of the door. When Xiao Zhan saw him, he instantly softened. He walked over to the boy, smiling.

"Are you okay? You're shaking," He said, holding Yibo's shoulders. Yibo frowned. He had the key to Xiao Zhan's house ever since a while ago when the older found out about his fear of being alone. 

At the time, he had said, "Here, have the key. You can come to my house when you're alone and I'll keep you company."

"M-My mother left on a trip without telling me..." The shorter boy spoke, his voice still the slightest bit unstable. Xiao Zhan sighed and smiled with concern. He pulled the boy in for a large hug, which Yibo eased into immediately. He closed his eyes and wrapped his arms around Xiao Zhan's back. 

"Did she text you about it later?" The older asked, stroking his back comfortingly. Yibo nodded.

"How long did she say she was going to be gone?"

"Three days," Yibo talked again, but his voice was much more clear and warm. Xiao Zhan nodded in understanding and swayed them back and forth. He knew exactly how to comfort Yibo because it had happened so many times. 

There were times where Yibo was in public when his fear kicked in, and Xiao Zhan always had to try his best not to interfere and to check on him afterward. There were already allegations of a relationship between the two of them, which caused them to have to separate in public spaces. When they were home, they could be as affectionate as they wanted.

***

After watching Netflix for hours, it was 11:00 pm. Xiao Zhan noticed that Yibo looked especially tired, and so he decided to stop their movie session. Yibo was laid down on the bed and tucked in, Xiao Zhan smiling at him as he started to walk out of the room. But before he could take another step, Yibo grabbed his hand, making his heart drop for a second.

"Zh-Zhan-ge..." He spoke in an embarrassed manner. Xiao Zhan turned his head to look at the boy, who seemed to be anxious.

"Do you want me to sleep with you?" He spoke calmly, watching Yibo's face closely. He smiled when he saw a slight nod.

Xiao Zhan walked over to the other side of the bed, lifting the blankets and laying down on the bed with Yibo. 

He took out the boy's hand and caressed it, "Goodnight, Yibo."

***

Yibo's eyes fluttered open, hearing the calming noises of rain. He felt his head rise up and down, wondering why the pillow he was hugging was moving. Through seconds of somewhat dumbness, he then realized just what he was laying on. He gasped, covering his mouth as he tried to get off. But, in his desperate attempt, he lost his footing and tripped. Bracing for the impact of the floor, he tightly shut his eyes.

But, the floor never came.

Xiao Zhan had caught the boy by his hands and was staring at him with concern. He pulled Yibo back up onto the bed and kept holding his hands. Yibo's heart bounced up and down in his chest. 

"You alright?" Xiao Zhan asked, smiling. Yibo lifted a small grin, looking Xiao Zhan straight in the eyes. Xiao Zhan felt a sudden need to do something drastic to show he cared. So, he put his arms on the boy's waist and scooted him onto his lap.

"Zhan-ge!" Yibo shouted, his cheeks flushing and becoming warm. Xiao Zhan held Yibo's arms around his shoulders, looked him in the eyes.

"Lao Wang."

Yibo froze at his nickname. That nickname was always normal to hear, but this time, it had just felt a different way. His heart ran in circles.

Xiao Zhan leaned in, placing his lips softly onto Yibo's. The younger's eyes widened. Xiao Zhan leaned him softly and slowly down on the bed, never feeling Yibo's arms loosen a bit. His legs were still wrapped around the lower body of Xiao Zhan, now closing his eyes through the kiss. His eyebrows pointed upwards, feeling almost nostalgic. His fingers intertwined with Xiao Zhan's soft, lavender-smelling hair, sighing into kisses.

Xiao Zhan warmly caressed Yibo's face, allowing him to feel at ease. Although they were always affectionate, it was never this far. But, neither of them minded it. They had both expected this to happen someday, and it was about time. 

Slowly, their lips parted. Closed eyes, they giggled. They both thought it was extremely stupid that they hadn't done this before.

*Flashback to that one time in the novel when Wei Ying said "why the fuck didn't I do this with Lan Zhan when he was 15" 0_0