a place just for us (wangxian) PT. 7

One week later.

Jinghua raised her sword from the ground once again, having it spin without the grasp of her hand. The purple smoke surrounded the sword, and the wind began to flow around her. The wind soon turned into purple smoke, and she felt her spiritual energy regulate into a normal state of control. She had never obtained it before, trying not to get too excited and remain focused. 

The purple smoke receded into her sword, and she grabbed it with her hand. She stared at the sword for a second, wondering if she had really just done it. When she realized she could shoot out lightening from her sword, she knew she had completed her week-long-training and finally succeeded.

She let out a couple exhales in surprise, her smile growing bigger at the fact she had done it. She grabbed a communication talisman from her pocket and sent it out to her parents. She wanted them to wittness what she had just accomplished. 

When Wei Ying and Lan Zhan reached the Training grounds, they noticed the purple glow around Jinghua's sword.

"You've done it, haven't you?" Wei Ying asked with excitement.

"I did it! I really did it!" Jinghua yelled with excitement, "Look what I can do!"

She pointed the sword at the sky, sending a purple flash of lightening upwards. Lan Zhan smiled, a sight that was rare to see. Wei Ying rested his head on his husband's shoulder, smiling at the sight of their kid being so powerful. Ah Yuan walked outside, surprised by the loud crack from the sky. When he saw Jinghua had done it, he smiled and ran over to his parents.

"She did it!" Ah Yuan laughed, feeling so proud of his older sister. 

Jinghua pushed her sword into the ground again, sending all that spiritual energy out into the world. She was exhausted, but the move would be enough to fight off an entire army. It was way more than worth it. 

Lan Zhan walked over to her, and smiled. She smiled back, knowing how proud her father was. Wei Ying soon walked over as well, wrapping his hand around her shoulder, and smiling at her.

"I always knew my kid would be powerful," Wei Ying boasted, hearing Jinghua scoff.

She punched him in the gut with a smirk, "I'm not even your biological kid, Papa."

"Well, damn, you can punch," Wei Ying laughed awkwardly, watching Jinghua smile softly. 

Even though neither of their kids were biological, they always were like a biological family. Perhaps, they got along even better. Ah Yuan walked over, smiling. Jinghua smiled as well, seeing the admiration in her little brother's eyes.

"Papa, can you teach me how to control ghost puppets' direction today?" Ah Yuan asked, seeing a nod coming from Wei Ying. He had been trying to avoid allowing his son to use the seal, because he knew what it could do to a teenage mind with not that much experience. 

So, instead of teaching him how to use the seal, he teached him the uses of the seal. Of course, the power would not be as strong, but it would be better than anyone else could get. After all, he was going to be taught by the creator of the seal himself. 

Jinghua and Wangji left to have some father-daughter time, while Ah Yuan and Wei Ying remained on the training grounds. Ah Yuan brought out the flute that Wei Ying had asked Wen Ning to make for him, including a smidgen of energy from the Stygian Tiger Seal into it. He knew it wasn't enough to hurt Ah Yuan, so he allowed it to benefit his son. 

"Now, because you're learning the flute, this is going to be easier for me to teach. Your old man doesn't have any spiritual energy, so this is all depending on that small amount of the seal in this flute."