a place just for us (wangxian) PT. 5

A year and a half later.

They walked beside each other, in the busy streets of the WangXian Sect. Their small kids walked behind them, laughing as they playfully ran around the feet of their parents. People bowed and greeted them as they walked by, Ah Yuan and Jinghua becoming the young masters of the clan. Wei Ying was the current clan leader, along with Lan Zhan. Things were as peaceful as a dove's feather. The air was clear, no longer dark like it used to be. The people were protected by many trained guards, and merchants and vendors filled almost every spot on the street.

This secret clan was flourishing, and it would only get bigger as time went by. Now, Wei Ying didn't have to work to build the clan, there were more people now. They had saved many more Wen Clan disciples and other people who were on the run from murderous people. Wen Ning helped around quite a lot, but he mostly remained close to Wei Ying. People were still out for his blood, despite all the time that had passed.

The clan was now bigger than Cloud Recesses and Lotus Pier combined. They had worked incredibly hard and had not had any problems the past year, giving them a peaceful working environment. Lan Wangji was still "missing" from Cloud Recesses, and no one suspected a thing. He had done a good job hiding when he went out because he wore black instead of his normal blue-ish white robes. But, he seldom wore those robes anymore, he wore the light purple robes that Wen Qing had specifically made for him. Wen Qing was in charge of teaching the people how to make clothes and to fight.

"Lan Zhan," Wei Ying spoke gleefully.

"Mhm?" Wangji turned his head towards the gleaming boy.

"Let's go get some more materials today," He said, twiddling with Old Flame.

"Okay," Lan Zhan replied, walking with Wei Ying all the way back to the main house.

When they arrived, they both changed into their disguise clothes. Lan Zhan dressed in pure black, hesitantly taking off his headband to replace it with a hood. Wei Ying, dressed in black as well, a hood over his face. Both of them knew that if they were spotted, the WangXian clan would be under threat already. If someone even knew that they were both alive, it was a danger.

So, they set off, taking with them their weapons. Lan Zhan had Bichen with him but had hidden it with a different color sheath. Wei Ying hid Old Flame with a white cover on his back, under his robes. They had both taken high measures to make sure they weren't discovered. They put protective spells on their clothes, held their hoods in place with a freezing spell, and had a spell handy that would change their voice and face for a limited amount of time.

They made it to their last stop, the most dangerous. Lotus Pier of Yunmeng. Jiang Cheng had also prepared himself for them to come by at one point, with Wei Ying having been expelled from the clan. It happened only a year ago when Jiang Cheng came by the WangXian clan again. He had attempted to hurt Wen Ning, as he was the reason Wei Ying had taken in the Wen disciples and ruined his reputation.

Walking inside after taking a deep breath, Wei Ying looked around for useful materials. He spotted classic foods that were filled with nutrition and walked over to the vendor.

"I'd like to have some of these, kind sir," He said, Lan Zhan standing calmly behind him.

"Here you go," He said, handing them over. Wei Ying reached into his pocket and gave him money to pay for his kindness.

They continued to walk, studying every merchant station. When they saw something useful or toys for the kids, they stopped to buy it. By the time they were back at the entrance, they had an entire load of materials and food to bring back home. They walked out of Lotus Pier, Wei Ying carrying the big cart behind him. He had done this at least three times every month, so the strength in his arms was greater than before.