28

Six Months Later

Dani

It had been 5 and a half months since Michael left.  It hasn’t been great.  I see pictures of him at parties, with girls I don’t know, with alcohol and stuff and I’m not sure how I feel.  We still call each other and facetime at least twice a week, it’s just not the same as being with him.  On the bright side, his mum no longer has any issues with me because I didn’t stop him from chasing his dreams, and she says she underestimated my character.  Whatever as long as we’re all okay.  Michael still hasn’t told me when he’s coming back and usually our conversations are a bit rushed.  I just don’t know what to do.  I’ve been studying for my SAT’s lately, and that’s kept me busy for most of the summer.  I got sad whenever I thought of Michael because I don’t know if I’m going to feel the same way about him when he comes back.  Will I still want to marry him?   Will he still be the same person that I fell in love with? I have no clue.

Knocking at my front door woke me up from my day dream.  I hopped downstairs.  It was 2 Pm and both Mom and Mrs. Clifford were at work so I was just home alone.  I wondered who could be at the door though.

I opened up the door and was slightly disappointed to see the post man.  He smiled.

“I have a package here for Ms. Dani Froster?”

“That’s me but I didn’t order anything.” I said confused.  I shook my head.

“Well it has your name on it so I’m going to need you to sign.”   I stepped out and felt the hot floor on my bare feet. I signed his machine and he handed me a small package.

“Have a good day.” He said walking away.” I was so distracted with the package, that I wasn’t paying attention to him.  I stepped back inside and closed the door behind me.  Werid, the writing was unrecognisable and no return address.  Who has no return address?

It was light and I was afraid I may ruine what was inside so I took a knife from the kitchen and carefully cut open the package.

Inside there was a piece of paper.  I pulled it out and it said,

Six months since I went away
And I know everything has changed
But tomorrow I'll be coming back to you

Michael, I thought and I couldn’t help but cry.

I kept reading the letter over and over and then I noticed something.  I wiped my eyes and ran to the calendar. This letter was labelled August 4th.  It’s August 5th today.  ITS AUGUST 5TH TODAY.  That’s when I heard the door open.

“Six months since I went away..” Someone began singing, and someone else was playing the guitar.

I closed my eyes without turning around to look at the door.

“And I know everything has changed…”  I heard the voice coming closer but I still wasn’t turning around.

“But I’m back home with you..” Michael saing from behind me.  I turned around and saw a pink haired Michael, and Luke, Calum and Ashton too.

I started crying.  I couldn’t stop it.  He hugged me and it was like I was finally home. 

“I missed you.” I said into his shirt.

He rubbed my back.

“I missed you too. But I never stopped thinking about you. I promise.”

“It’s true, he was a total buzzkill and when he did get drunk he was crying over you.” Said Calum.

I looked up from Michael’s shirt and wiped my eyes again.

“Hey Luke how’s Holly.”

He shrugged. “We agreed to take a break while I went on tour so that she can focus on her acting career for a bit and she didn’t want me to lose track of my career either.”

“Yea honestly while me and Ash were out partying and getting all of these hot chicks, these two were moping over their girlfriends, single life forever baby.” Cal said turning around to high five Ash.

“I wouldn’t call that one lady that you made out with that turned out to be married a “hot chick”” Laughed Ash.

I started laughing. “Whatever man.”

“I’m pretty sure she had kids older than you.”

“GOT IT ALRIGHT?”

Ash laughed and so did all of us.

**