25

Luke

Holly and I agreed to go out after I broke my arm for her, so we went out.  I took her to this small pizza place downtown, and it went well and all, but she says she doesn’t want anything too serious.  I guess that’s fair, but I learned so much about her that night.  How she likes her tea, what she wants to be when she’s older; this is the girl that I want to be dating that’s for sure.

So, we’ve been texting quite a lot and calling each other all of the time and I think it’s on the brinks of becoming official.  We both decided that Michael and Dani will need time for themselves so we’ve been getting together with Calum and Ashton too sometimes and going to see movies.  But no; we haven’t kissed. Today we are hanging out an exchanging gifts and what not, just the two of us at my house.

I got her tickets to go and see All Time low with backstage passes in 4 months.  I’ve planned it all out in my head.  We’re going to go together, party, meet our legends, and maybe have sex.  Okay the sex is unnecessary and after seeing Michael and Dani have so many issues, it’s not my priority, but obviously I want it to happen eventually.

I heard a ring at my door bell and hopped off of the couch and went for the door.  I quickly looked in the mirror and ran my fingers through my quiff and then proceeded to open the door.

She looked gorgeous.  She was wearing contacts, because she hated her glasses and her face opened up.  As much as I love her glasses, contacts just made her hazel eyes almost the colour of the golden sun.

“Hi.” She said holding her purse in one hand and a gift bag in another.  I was so stunned by her beauty I kind of froze… again.

“Hey, umm come in please.” I said opening the door for her and she walked in.  The December wind hit me like a cold tide and I immediately closed it after she came in.

“Nice shirt.” She commented on my yellow and blue flannel.  So I dressed in her favourite colours on purpose fine, fine.  But in all fairness, my hair is yellow and my eyes are blue so.

I smiled “Can I be honest?”

She nodded, looking up from taking off her shoes

“I hoped you would like it.”

“Wow, good one Luke.” She winked taking off her jacket.  I took it from her hands and neatly hung it on the railing.

“So, umm did you want me to make some hot chocolate or coffee or something?”

“Are you sure you don’t want me to do it I mean I am a barista…” She began.

“Err- yea that would probably be best considering I have no clue how to do that I was just planning on figuring it out.” I admitted. NICE JOB LUKE YOU DUMBASS.

“Oh wait, Holly I have something for you…” I began, walking to my room.

“Like the gift thing right now?”

“No, no.” I called from my room.  I actually got her a branch of Holly.  I found it in a department store and the lady said that my “lady friend” would like it.  Weird because I didn’t even mention her name was Holly, but I guess girls like holly in general? I don’t know.

I found it on my window sill.  This might sound cheesy as hell but I let the sun shine on it and I just looked at it because it reminded me of her.  So cheesy for a girl that’s not even my girlfriend yet.

“Okay, close your eyes!” I called from the room.  I held the branch of holly behind my back and slowly walked out.  I saw her covering her eyes with her sweater paws.  I smirked to myself and walked a bit faster until I was in front of her.

“Okay, open.” I said smiling, holding it out. She opened her eyes and looked at me confused.

“It’s holly.  Get it? Holly for holly?” She raised her eyebrow unimpressed. “Because Holly you turn me on” I said still smiling hinting for her to get it.  I wiped the smile off of my face. “You don’t like it?”

She smiled and shook her head. “Mmm, not that.  It’s just that, well umm, that’s not holly.”

Now I was confused. “Wait, what.  Yes it is.”

She laughed to herself.  “No, no Luke it’s not.  I took this whole herbology thing in the summer, anyways not the point, the point is….  That’s mistletoe.”

I smiled big and I could feel by cheeks heat up.  I avoided her gaze and looked at the branch.  No wonder “every girl loves it” Jesus, Luke.

“Well umm, it’s still for you, I mean I didn’t imply it like that I honestly thought it was holly and-“She took the branch from my hands and hung it over my head.  I gazed up at it and back at her.  She bit her lip and nodded.

“Okay, so I’m allowed to kiss you?” Just checking because some girls give off weird signals and stuff.  She groaned and threw the branch onto the couch.  Then she pulled my face down to hers and kissed me hard.  Her cold lips were somehow warm and made all of my insides and thoughts boil and melt into mush.  She then pulled away and I looked into her Hazel eyes still shocked at what had just happened.

“So umm, are we like boyfriend girlfriend now or?” I asked probably creating more awkwardness than anything.

She rolled her eyes “Sure, Luke.” She said walking into the kitchen and I followed her