7.

The next day at lunch I sat by my locker again, opened up my lunch and took out my container of salad.  Just as I was about to put my earbuds in until i hear a familiar voice

"Tying to be healthy, Princess.?" Asked Michael from the end of the hall .

"I'm not a princess, and yea I try I guess?"

He started walking towards me.  I closed the container and straightened out my legs and crossed them.

His beat up black boots stopped right in front of me.

"Why aren't you in the caf today?"

"How is today different than any day in the past two weeks?" I asked raising my eye brows.

He looked down at my shoes and lightly kicked the bottom of my shoe.

"Because now we're friends." He said smiling.

I couldn't help but smile.

"So are you giving me permission to sit with you?"

"Me, Luke and Calum." He said offering out his hand.

I took his hand and he pulled me up onto my feet.  I took my lunch bag from the floor, but I didn't let go of his hand, and he didn't seem to mind.

"Dani, I'm sure it's all blown over by now."  He pushed the creaking door open.

In that instant the entire cafeteria turned their heads and only a handful looked away.  Michael and I were still hand in hand, thank goodness because I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to move if he hadn't pulled me.

"Ignore them." He whispered.

I nodded and looked down at the floor until we reached the table where Luke and Calum were both sitting eating.

"Hola." Said Calum.

"Hey." I said letting go of Michael's hand and sitting in between him and Calum. Letting out a sigh.

"Dani, here's a secret.  None of these kids mean shit." Said Luke

" High school is bullshit, I can't wait to leave." Said Michael looking around and shaking his head.

"But haven't you heard Michael? High School Never ends."  I said stabbing a piece of lettuce with frustration.

"SHE JUST REFERENCED BOWLING FOR SOUP MICHAEL MARRY HER." Yelled Calum , perhaps a bit too loud.

I smirked and took a bit of my salad.

"Oh yea, she's got amazing music taste haven't you heard?" He said taking a sip of his coke.