8.

I met Michael by the entrance of the school, and we walked to starbucks together.  He picked today's song,  Love Drunk by Boys Like Girls.

Another favourite of mine. 

He took out the headphone and said "So what will it be today?"

I looked at him like I was serious (but I wasn't)

"Michael we have been friends for almost 24 hours, how could you not know my starbucks order?" I said looking at him.  We were next at the register and he smirked.

"One grande hot chocolate and a grande pumpkin spice latte..." He said slowly looking to me for an answer.  I nodded and he made a fist and pulled it back whispering "Yes."

"Alright.  Will that be all?" 

"Yes." He said pulling out a 20$ bill from his pocket, and I reached for my wallet to pay.  He pushed down my wallet.  I just accepted it because I didn't want to make a scene.

"What the hell was that?" I asked.

He shrugged. "What kind of guy goes out with a girl and doesn't buy her starbucks.  Even if they're not dating." He said shrugging. 

Michael does this thing where he shrugs like its no big deal.... all of the time.

Kind of attactive really...

I shook it off. " Go find a table and stop being cheeky." I said and he smirked and found a table as I waited for the orders."

This starbucks was pretty dead, which was a good thing.

"Pumkin spice and Hot Chocolate." Said a young looking barista who looked at me and then back at Michael.

"You two are a cute couple."

"Oh.  No, no, no.  We're not dating." I said putting the lids on the cups.

"Oh damn." She said leaning against the bar.

I laughed awkardly in reply.

"I'm Holly by the way." She said wiping her hands on her green apron.

"Dani." I said smiling awkwardly  I was never good at this whole making friends thing.

"Well Dani, You and blue boy are cute."

I smiled down at my coffee and looked back at Michael who was looking out the window and then back at her.

"It's complicated." I admitted.  Here I was telling a random Starbucks barista about my life.