chapter 5

"Sorry I'm late, Professor," Thalia said sweetly to Professor Snape. "I had to do something really quick." She took her seat next to Draco, who was smirking significantly as she whispered to him. Snape just nodded, not as aggravated at Thalia's actions compared to the actions of Gryffindors.

A few seconds later, a disheveled Harry appeared in the doorway of the classroom. His hair was all spiky, more messed up than usual, and he was leaning against the open doorway for support. Harry was breathing heavily as he pointed to Thalia accusingly. "Thalia pushed me down a whole fucking flight of moving stairs!" he shouted angrily. 

Thalia dug her face into Draco's shoulder to prevent herself from laughing too much but Draco showed no mercy and let out a loud, cold laugh. Half the class turned to the laughing duo in amusement while the other half watched Harry with worry on their faces.

"Are you alright?" Hermione asked, her words laced with concern. 

"Tardy and disrupting the class, Potter" Snape said strictly, not letting Harry answer Hermione's question. "Just like your father, I suppose. 15 points from Gryffindor."

"15?!" Hermione shouted. That was a ridiculous amount of points for one minor thing that was caused by a Slytherin. 

"10 points from Gryffindor for the disruption, Ms. Granger," Snape snarled. "Anything else you'd like to say before we continue with the lesson?" Hermione's face reddened and sunk into her seat as Harry walked over to his desk. 

Once Harry reached his seat, he immediately turned around to see Thalia. "Did it hurt when you fell, Potter?" Thalia asked mockingly. She half-meant it, she didn't want to see him hurt, but Harry was following her around and it was pretty annoying. 

So, when he was right on her tail, Thalia had turned and pushed him. She only meant to push him away but he fell and she didn't know what else to do so, like any normal person, she ran.

"Yeah, it hurt pretty bad when I fell in love with you," Harry responded confidently with a charming smile. "But I think it was worth it."

Thalia's face twisted as she tried to hold back a smile and Draco protectively wrapped his arms around Thalia's shoulders. "Not what I meant but whatever floats your boat, Har- Potter," the brunette scoffed. 

"Why don't you shut the fuck up, Scarhead," Draco sneered, his words coming off as a demand rather than a question. Harry looked at Thalia longingly but she didn't stop him as he turned to face the front of the class.

"I don't understand why you never tell him to bugger off," Draco muttered so only Thalia could hear.

"I was being rude to him so it only makes sense that I respond," Thalia shrugged. The brunette honestly liked talking to Harry, despite the awful pick-up lines and dirty suggestions. She found some of them funny, although some were very sexist. Thalia thought it came from Harry's savior complex, because he thought he could be the knight in shining armor or something.

Thalia also thought that maybe it was his smile or maybe his eyes that made her want to look at Harry, or maybe it was his voice because she liked talking to him rather than just staring at him.

-----

It was the day of the first task and Harry was in the Champions tent pacing around. The Headmasters were talking to their selected students but Professor Dumbledore was talking to Cedric Diggory at the moment so Harry was left on his own.

Thalia lifted the flap of the Champions tent hesitantly and a smug smile found its way onto Harry's face when his bright eyes landed on her. She pursed her lips together tightly and began to make her way towards him.