Chapter 30

The mood in the bedroom was light in the morning, despite the previous night's news about the upcoming recoupling. We lounged on our beds, listening to Bobby making owl noises and chatting about random topics.

Gary stretched his arms with a yawn. "I wonder what kind of cereal we've got in."

"Good shout, Gary," Bobby said from the bed next to mine. "We should have breakfast in bed, to make this morning memorable."

My stomach rumbled loudly. "I could go for a big fry up right now."

"Mmm, same," Rahim agreed, closing his eyes and rubbing his tummy. "A huge plate with eggs, bacon, fried bread... that's a special morning."

"Oof, that sounds perfect," Graham said. "Who wants to cook?"

The outside door swung open at that moment, and Arjun and Priya walked inside with big smiles on their faces.

"Guys, there's a breakfast buffet out here!" Priya exclaimed. "Why are you all still in bed?"

"Ooh, what's on the menu?"

"There's all sorts of stuff," Arjun said. "Eggs, bacon, toast, fresh juice – we don't have to cook!"

"You just have to clean," Priya smirked at him.

"Why me?" he moaned.

"Don't worry, I'll help."

Around the room, some of the islanders started getting out of bed, while others stayed in and waited for their partners to bring them breakfast.

Bobby hopped out of his bed and jumped face-first onto mine, burying his head into my extra pillow before propping himself up on his elbows to look at me.

"Want me to bring you breakfast in bed?" he asked, his eyes bright.

"Is this part of your evil plan to woo me?"

"Obviously. Is it working?"

"I dunno, why don't you try it and find out?" I smirked.

He grinned as he sat up over the edge of bed. "What do you want?"

I shrugged. "Surprise me."

A mischievous look crossed his face. "Are you sure?"

I gave him a playful nudge with my knee under the covers. "You're trying to woo me, so you have to be good."

"Dammit! You're too smart for me." He ruffled his dreads with his fingers as he stood up. "Be right back."

I let out a yawn as I stretched my arms and pulled myself up into a sitting position against the headboard. Priya gave me a wink as she watched Bobby and Arjun walk outside together, then she got into Bobby's vacated bed.

"You two are so cute," she grinned.

I rolled my eyes. "There is no 'us two,' you know that."

"But you're giving him a chance, right?"

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean anything's going to come from it. I just want to take things slow and wait to see what happens. I jumped into things too quickly with Henrik, and look where that got me."

"Bobby isn't Henrik, Josie," she said, quietly but firmly, "and I think he's proven that already a bunch of times. And besides, this is Love Island, you can't take things as slow as you would on the outside."

"I know, but—"

"No buts! Just look at me. I spent so much time wanting to be with Noah, but just a couple days spent with Arjun was enough to turn my head. I took a chance – with your encouragement, I might add – and it's worked out great. The greater the risk, the greater the reward."