Chapter 17

"Open the box then Greenwood!" Pansy asked as we were getting ready for the Yule Ball. We were in the Gryffindor dorms, and I was helping Hermione apply blusher that matched her dress.

The box was there when I got back to the common room after lessons, and I knew exactly who it was from. Pansy grabbed it, and handed it to me, and I carefully took off the lid.

Inside was a dress made of navy material. It was long, off the shoulder and with diamonds all around the waist. It was perfect.

"Ok I've got to give it to him, Draco has good dress taste." Hermione said, running her hand along the skirt.

"And I thought this dress was nice! Add that one to the list of dresses I'm borrowing from you." Pansy was wearing the emerald dress of mine that she loved so much, and she looked amazing. Her black hair was swept into its usual shiny bob, and she was wearing red lipstick with the quidditch bracelet I gave her on her wrist.

"You look stunning Parkinson" I said, and I pulled the curtain over on my bed and changed into the dress. I had curled my blonde hair and let it hang long down my back, my Slytherin ring on my right hand being the only jewellery I wore.

"Oh. My. God." Was all the girls could say.

"If Malfoy doesn't faint when he sees you, I think I will!" Ginny came into the room, wearing a new dress, one that I had brought her without her knowing, I knew that the Weasley's couldn't afford a new one and I wanted to do something to help.

"Ginny look at you!" Hermione jumped up and began to twirl Ginny around, laughing.

"Thanks, I have no idea who got it for me, it was on my bed when I came in."

"Maybe it was Harry" I shrugged, turning away from her so she couldn't see me smile.

~

The boys were waiting in the entrance hall for us. We walked down the stairs, hand in hand as people turned to stare. The last time we had a ball we were children, now were walking down the steps as women.

I locked eyes with Draco and it's as if the world fell away and it was just him and I. He was wearing a new suit, one that I had brought him and surprised him with this morning, but he had added a navy bow tie to it, matching my dress. As I reached him he took my hand, twirling me around.

"Victoria Belle Greenwood you take my breath away."

"As do you Draco Lucius Malfoy. Nice suit."

"You didn't have to get me it you know."

"I wanted to" I leant up to whisper in his ear "can't wait to take it off you later though"

"Likewise."

He pressed his lips to mine softly, before taking my hand, leading us into the ball. His smile was so big it looked like he was going to burst with happiness. As we reached the middle of the dance floor his hand enclosed around my waist, and I wrapped mine around the back of his neck. The music started and we floated around the hall, our eyes not leaving each other for a moment.

"Remember the first ball when you came with Potter, and now I have you in my arms."

"So much has happened since then, but we did it Draco. We've finally made it."

"God I can't wait to graduate and live the rest of my life with you. We can do anything we want."

"As long as it's with you I don't care."

"I just have to go somewhere quickly, I'll be right back." Draco dropped my hands, not turning to look at me before he walked out of the hall, leaving me standing alone and confused.

"Mind if I cut in?" The familiar voice of Harry Potter came from behind me and I nodded, beaming at him as he wrapped his arm around me.

"Well isn't this a throwback Harry Potter" I said as he led me around the dance floor.

"I hope I'm better at dancing" he said, laughing.

"Well you haven't stood on me yet so that's an improvement!"

"You know I'm so glad that things didn't work out between us. Because then we would never have found the people we truly are meant to be with, me and Ginny, you and Draco. I'm proud of us Tori, we've been through a lot together."

"Couldn't have put it better myself Harry. A few battles, a while war, the elder wand, we've been through it all."

"And we're now both orphans to top it off"

"Ah yes, the orphan life....just absolutely fantastic."

"I'll always be here for you, you know that right?"

I looked into Harry's eyes, the eyes of the first boy I ever loved. Flashbacks of my first 2 years at Hogwarts hit me, when Harry and I first dated, when we both joined the Order, when we battled in the ministry. I was right when I said that you'll never forget your first love, it stays with you forever.

"And I'll always be here for you too Harry. After all, we need all the family we can get."

"You're making them both so proud Tori. You know Dumbledore told me that he could see you as the future headmistress of Hogwarts, you should think about doing that."

"I know I want to be potions master that's for sure, but most of all I just want to find out what happened to my father. I thought after all this time that I would know but I still know nothing."

"Well here's the deal, after Hogwarts if you really want to find out then we will. I'll help you."

"Thankyou Harry. Where's Draco gone? He went somewhere ages ago!"

"About that....shall we go for a walk Tori? I think I know where he is."