thirteen!

*°࿐
━━013,
foot slipped out and you fell down a mile from the finish!

Upon waking, Adalaine burrowed herself into the warm, soft silky sheets

Upon waking, Adalaine burrowed herself into the warm, soft silky sheets. She rubbed the remainders of sleep from her eyes and gazed out at the horizon; its vivid light extended across a rosy, deep crimson sky. Its dazzling and inviting rays flowed through the window providing warmth to her body.

And for a moment, Adalaine forgets that Jj had spent the night at her house, until a soft sigh enlicts from his mouth and he shuffles closer to the girl. The blond boy had forgotten as well, and so he reaches for the shitty pillow on the guest bed at the chateau, but instead, grabs Adalaine's waist. Her eyes widen for a moment, for his hands were warm on her cold skin, but she giggles, accepting his arm anyway, which wakes him up.

"Oh shit," he says, a tired smile on his face. "Sorry, Nia,"

"It's okay, Jj," she replies, neither of them bothering to move.

"You got work today?"

"No," she shakes her head, "Mike gave me the day off,"

"Great," Jj says with a smile. "Wanna head over to Heyward's then? Kie said she was gonna hang out there today,"

"Yea, that sounds good. I want to get out of here before Beau comes knocking,"

Concern morphs onto his features, "does he always bother you so much?"

She thinks for a moment before shrugging, "it's picked up the last week or so," she explains softly. "It's just- he owes people money,"

"What? How can he owe someone money when he lives in a place like this? And he's asking you? Why not your mom or step-dad?"

"I really can't answer that, Jj. I don't know what goes on in his head,"

"Oh, well, if he bothers you..."

"Yes, yes, you're my guy. I know," a smile tugging at her lips from the words.

"Good," he says and Adalaine slides off the bed. "So Beaus here?"

"Probably," she shrugs, digging in her drawers for a change of clothes. "Heard him and Rafe come up last night,"

"Alright well dressed Nia, we're going out the window," he says confidently.

"Why me? I live here Jj..."

"Well I'll be going out the window so that no one sees me," he explains, "and I'm not letting you deal with Beau without me,"

"Jj, the door is fine, we can-"

"Nope, don't fight me on this"

"I-"