twenty five!

*°࿐
━━025,
the edge is gettin' closer, it's a long spiral down!

Patience was something forced into Adalaine Airoldi's life at an early age

It was waiting for Amelie at the luxury shops in Charleston, or waiting for Normand and her mother to return from a trip without them.

And Adalaine had grown good at waiting and appreciating it all, hell, even Beau knew that patience is a virtue.

But at this moment, Adalaine had no sense of it. Tears streamed down quickly as the two terrified teenagers fled through the trees and run-down streets of Kildare. Sirens blared through her eardrums and the stench of dried blood from Sheriff Peterkin burned her nose.

"We need to go faster," Adalaine says after the two have to duck behind a parked car as a police car zooms by them. She pushes the stray hairs from her bun that fell into her face in annoyance, wishing she had the time to stop and fix it all together.

"Come on," John B says, grabbing her hand and pulling them back into the shrubs and bushes to stay hidden.

"Do you think they are close? Jj, Kie, and Pope? Do you think they say what happened?" Adalaine asks quickly, her words morphing as one, panic begins to swarm in her chest. "I can't believe-" a choked sob from her lips cut her own words off and John B stops immediately, engulfing her in a strong hold.

"I know," he whispers, his own voice wavering. "We'll find them. They couldn't have gotten far,"

"We're covered in blood, we just witnessed a murder... how did this happen?"

"We were willing to risk everything for the gold," John B says as they slowly begin walking again. "I guess we weren't the only ones,"

"Don't worry about Sarah. I know Beau isn't the best person, but something shifted in him at that moment.... I can't describe it, but I saw it. He used to protect me when I was younger, he'll do the same for Sarah, I'm sure of it,"

The brunet doesn't respond in words, but he does take Adalaine's hand once more and squeezes tightly, leading the two further away from the sirens and chaos.

She isn't sure how long they walked for, but eventually a warehouse, or perhaps it was a shed, Adalaine couldn't tell and frankly she didn't care what it was. All that mattered was the familiar three teenagers restlessly standing around.

Though neither teen moved quicker, for their bodies ached and their minds were still in shock as they forced their legs to lead them in the direction of the frantic voices of their friends.

Jj was the first to spot the two discheleved teens. He sprints over to them, as if its second nature, he is by Adalaine in a flash, wiping the tears from her tear-streaked face. "Oh Nia..."