fourteen!

*°࿐
━━014,
i would never want you to feel like you could never be right!

*°࿐━━014,i would never want you to feel like you could never be right!

Adalaine Airoldi is a piece of art. One that was fragile and in the wrong hands, could be completely ruined. But listen, she was a piece of pure art.

True art is channeled through the loving heart, guided by emotions that stir the soul to loving bonds and the sort of imagination that is free and child-like in its sense of wonder and joy. Art is not a technical skill, not one that can be aped by those cold within, no, one must learn to be brave enough to reconnect with their soul.

So to those that knew the Airoldi girl properly and truly, knew that she was not just a work of art, but a piece that had never been cherished.

Unfortunately, Adalaine Airoldi couldn't see herself in the same light.

Her emotions were not easily hidden on her innocent face. Her pain was evident in the crease of her brows and the down-curve of her full lips. And unfortunately her eyes, her eyes showed her soul. They were a deep pool of restless gold, an ocean of hopeless grief. Adalaine hadn't slept well the night before, anxiety of Jj, dread over her mother, and not to mention her stomach was begging for nutrients the entire night.

And so as she stares back at herself in the mirror, wearing a special edition Valentino dress, her long brunette hair in perfect waves, with her feet stuck in her white Prada heels, Adalaine can't help but hate what she sees.

She turns at a knock, her mother standing perfectly at the doorway. "I'm glad the stylist was able to fix you up, Adalaine," she inspects, taking a step into her daughter's room.

"Do I look okay?" Adalaine speaks quietly, her gaze trained to the ground.

"You look fine," Amelie says with a sigh. "Certainly better than many people tonight,"

It wasn't a compliment, but it was exactly an insult either which causes Adalaine to look up. "I-I do?"

"The car will be here in five minutes," Amelie says, changing the subject with a curt nod. "We're meeting the Cameron's there. I expect you to be on your absolute best behavior. Do not mess this up for us or them,"

The brunette doesn't have a chance to nod before her mother turns her head and is out the door. She grabs her clutch from the dresser, pops a breath mint (following Amelie's orders, she hadn't eaten yet, instead she had about a dozen mints in her system) and placed the rest of the carton along with her red lipstick before heading out of her room.

Beau and Normand were standing in the foyer as she waltz down the staircase. The two undoubtedly cleaned up nice, they knew that for Amelie they too would have to be on their best behavior (but if Beau does anything wrong, the blame will be placed on Adalaine). Even as she found her spot next to Beau, neither of them graced her with a compliment, hell, they barely even acknowledged her existence.