two!

*°࿐
━━002,
you remind me every day that I'm not enough, but i still stay!

*°࿐━━002, you remind me every day that I'm not enough, but i still stay!

All Adalaine Airoldi wanted was to be accepted. It was unfair, really, it was. For her mother, Amelie Airoldi was nothing besides complete and utter perfection. And oh, there wasn't a moment in time where the ex-supermodel would hide it. In honesty, it was slowly killing her daughter. Not in the way that she would fall asleep and never wake up, but in the form of constant exhaustion and dread of any interaction with her mother.

It's hard not to compare yourself, when one, your mother is a world-known supermodel and two, the photos of Amelie's prime were confidently displayed on practically every wall of the house.

Any person in highschool can assure you that it one of the worst times in your life; you are growing, awkward as fuck, and just beginning to think for yourself. Teenagers will inevitably be rude and selfish. And the worst part, comparing one's body becomes a hobby between the hours of noon and one instead of eating lunch (but okay, if we're being honest, it's not just one hour, it's all hours every fucking day).

It's unfortunate, but it's the goddamn truth, and Adalaine was desperate for a sense of comfortability in her body. But her mother makes that difficult, and god, it's always been that way.

From the young age of six, the youngest Airoldi can remember her mother's critique━━for the poor girl had fallen while learning how to ride her bike (but that was to be expected, you see, neither parent would teach her). The accident ended in nothing more than two pink bandaids on the knees, along with two splotchy cheeks and a pool full of tears. If only the mother could step out of her red-bottomed heels and do her duty. But no, instead it was words of discouragement and disappointment... "Adalaine I have a very important party with important guests in just a few hours. Now we have to find you a new dress to cover those bandages. Do you realize how difficult you're making this?"

It was an unfortunate moment for the six year old━━ not to mention it was one of her earliest memories. The young kook, who was just trying to learn how to ride a bike (to be like the other kindergartens!) ended up getting introuble for having a pool of tears and pink fucking bandaids.

Adalaine Airoldi was no child prodigy, but at the age of twelve━━her first memory still playing rapid in her mind, she realized something. When she fell off her bike, the young girl picked herself up, and maybe that meant something. ━━Don't stay on the ground, hoping and wishing that someone will care. Especially when you are living in Figure Eight, mothers and fathers have thousands of things to do, and for many, you learn the hard way that parenting isn't on their list. One of the worst things is, she doesn't know of a time where she was told she was loved by her mother. Sixteen years of life and not one I love you.