one!

*°࿐
━━001,
summer came like cinnamon, so sweet!

On Kildare, there were two sides of the island

On Kildare, there were two sides of the island. Deep-rooted hatred spewed like a broken hose across the bridge that connects the 'wonderful' city together. On one side lived the kooks, the wealthy, uptight bitches that never worried. The pogues were on the other side of town, the working class, living paycheck to paycheck while worrying that they wouldn't be able to feed their families by the end of the month, they struggled and suffered.

So the fact that people saw the Outerbanks as a paradise on earth confused Adalaine. Because in all honesty, it wasn't always sunsets, beautiful beaches, and relaxation━━well, aside for the snobby tourists that enjoy the week of 'heaven' before heading back to their lives on the mainland. But for many of those who lived on the island, it was long, hot, horrifically humid and labor-intensive days. It was an island after all━━boats to take care of, grass to mow, fish to catch, charters to fulfill, the list could go on. It was watching people end friendships due to having differing social classes. Kooks barely paying minimum wage to their workers, causing them to have to work two jobs to provide for their families. So no, Kildare was not paradise on earth, and shame on those who think it is!

Now, Adalaine knew she was privileged, the private school since kindergarten and the expensive vacations showed that to her ever since she was little. Plus, there were the large amounts of cash for each birthday starting the age of thirteen. Her mother and step-father didn't bother asking what she wanted for her birthday and instead stuffed 1,000 dollars into an envelope with a sloppily wrote out card━━but they weren't even there to see the disappointment melt onto her face, for they were on a luxurious trip to the Bahamas with the Camerons. She wasn't disappointed that she received the money (god no, she was beyond appreciative) but Adalaine never had the chance to tell Normand and Amelie that all she wished for was proper family dinner where no tension or unnecessary bickering lived. But she learned quickly that a calm, relaxing dinner would never come to be for the Airoldis.

But, don't get her wrong, she was grateful for the superb education and the experiences she was given. One day, when she's inevitably the only woman in her law firm (or maybe she'd be a woman in congress, the possibilities are endless!), she's gonna prove herself to every man and it's going to be the best feeling in the entire world!

Now, Adalaine didn't surround herself with inspirational quotes often, but one, in particular, has always stood out to her. "━━TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE YOU MUST KNOW DIFFERENCES." This was important to Adalaine, it was something she reminded herself on a daily basis! The black words were planted carefully and thoughtfully on her pale green bedroom. If a change was to be made, these words could not be limited. On a daily basis, Adalaine acknowledged her access to the academy, private tutors, never worrying about the price of insurance or doctors appointments. Grateful for it all, she knew that one day, she'd be the voice of the many who don't have those luxuries and hopefully she'd be the change. If people on Kildare didn't care about her, that's fine (it hurt slightly, but whatever) one day, people will be people thanking her, and maybe she'd be a young girl's inspiration. She could be the person that she needed when she was young.