interviews

(Y/N) POV
^~^~^~^~^

In the end, Gon and all of his friends and Illumi, Hisoka and I along with a few others had passed the fourth exam with nothing really interesting happening after the incident. I split away from the rest and just slept in a tree for the rest of the exam.

We were on the airship transporting us to our final exam, Kurapika, Leorio, Gon and I all talking leisurely, when we heard a voice through the speakers, "Attention all applicants." The voice clearly belonged to the green bean man, "The Chairman wishes to interview you."

"Really?" Leorio asked.

"When you hear your number, come to the reception room on the second floor. We'll start with number 44, Mr. Hisoka. Thank you for your cooperation."

When the voice finally went away, I turned to Gon. "Hey, Gon. I saw that you got Hisoka's badge during the third exam! That's awesome!" I smiled widely because Hisoka seemed so creepy, so I was proud.

But Gon just blushed and looked off in the distance with a hard stare into the hallway. I looked around wondering what he was getting so serious about before the voice returned asking for Killua. (You are replacing Pokkle the random pink person that was just kind of there lol)

Killua stood up and walked away saying, "peace out," and throwing us all a peace sign.

Leorio and I made eye contact and he suddenly jumped and looked away with the largest blush on his face- perfect time to tease him. "Hey, Leoriooo~ what's wrong?"

He gulped and looked away further before responding, "psh. It's n-nothing." Kurapika then dropped him head and stared at the ground with an equally large blush.

"Huh? What's going on with you two? Are you sick!? Can you do the next exam!?" Gon began freaking out and feeling the two taller boys with his hands before humming and saying, "it doesn't feel like you guys are sick, so what's wrong?" He took away his hands and looked at the boys curiously before looking over at me.

I shrugged my shoulders looking at the two embarrassed males. "They look embarrassed! But I wonder what they could be embarrassed about?" I looked away as if I was in serious thought as Leorio clicked his tongue.

"Huh? I think you're right, (y/n)! So, what are you two embarrassed about?" Gon looked at them with big innocent eyes.

"Number 287, Mr. Gittarackur." Illumi was just called so I should be next.

"Hehe, why don't you boys tell him while I do my interview then?" I winked at Leorio and he gasped and backed away holding a hand to his heart.

I was called and as I walked away I sent one last look toward the trembling Leorio.

I walked into the reception room and sat in front of the chairman's table sort of thingy.

"My first question: why do you want to be a Hunter?" I looked at the old man for a second before tilting my head.

"I don't wanna be a Hunter. That's lame. I just wanted to have some fun. My dad said I could make new friends and get some training in." I spoke honestly.

"Haha! Okay. Next question: out of the other 8 applicants, which one are you keeping a close eye on?" I thought for a moment because I honestly hadn't been paying much attention to the others too much.

"I guess the clown and uhh.. Gittarackur are pretty interesting." I didn't know how else to respond because I really had been focusing on myself a bit much.

"Okay. Last question: which of the remaining applicants would you least want to fight?" Again I didn't know that there were other applicants beside Gon, his friends, clown, pinhead and myself. So I didn't really know how to answer, so I sat in front of the chairman for a while, my finger on my chin looking off in the distance with a constipated look on my face.

"I guess Leorio."

"Oh? He's a first. Why him?"

"I'd kill him if we fought and I don't want him to die." I stated it as a fact, which it was considering I had already taken a hefty amount of his life force.

"I see. Well, that'll be all. Thank you so much." I left the room and walked back to where Gon was. As I got there I saw Gon and everyone else blush at my entrance.

"So you guys must know now too?" I giggled as everyone, including Killua awkwardly avoided eye contact with me.

Time Skipppppoo~~~~~

We landed and all stood in a group in front of Netero. "For the final phase of the Hunter Exam you'll be competing in a one-on-one tournament." The old man then tour a sheet away from a chalk board looking thing and revealed a strangely styled bracket.

"Hold on a second. So only the last person standing passes?" Leorio asked.

"No. You only need one win to pass this phase." He went on to explain how only one person will fail the exam. In fact some ninja looking dude had said something and I genuinely had no idea who he was and where the heck he came from.

"Here is the bracket we've put together." The chairman tore away something that was covering the bottom revealing our pictures and numbers.

(just imagine that you're in pokkle's spot)

Hm, I guess this could be fun.

The first round between Gon and ninja guy that I didn't know existed until now was so secondhand embarrassment inducing that I just chose to take a nap. I was quickly woken up though because their battle has ended and Leorio was quick to tell me that Gon had passed so I would be facing 'Hanzo.' So that's ninja's name.

While I was asleep apparently Kurapika had won against Hisoka, Hisoka won against 'Bodaro?' Maybe that was his name? I had no clue who he was to be honest. But somebody told me it was my turn to go so I went up and was faced with a totally serious, cool looking ninja.

The moment that the person had declared that our match had begun, the ninja tried to use his speed and overall increased physical strength to overpower me but I was quick to release all of my special Nen ability on him and suck away tiny bits of his life force at a time. He choked on air and grasped at his throat as if that would help him in his situation, and then screamed as I slowly put my power of hundreds of stolen auras back into his body, which was trying to deny its entrance because the ninja had clearly never come into contact with such a large amount of power before.

I dropped him to the ground and watched as he breathed heavily his eyes larger than they humanly should be as he gave up. I pouted as I walked away and they had announced me as a winner because I thought that this might be able to last a bit longer. I noticed Killua giving me sharp stares and Hisoka breathed a bit heavier than usual as I walked past him to get to my spot on the floor.

After that, Killua gave up on his match against Hanzo immediately, giving Hanzo a win. But some drama went down during Killua and Illumi's round. Hold up. Illumi doesn't have pins in his face anymore? When did he do that? I couldn't hear what was going on because I just didn't care enough to listen. Then I gained interest again when Killua had murdered somebody without any reason or hesitation. But then the festivities quickly ended and those of us that had won, all of us excluding dead man, Killua and Gon because he was still passed out from his injuries, were gathered to receive our licenses.

**~**~**~**
so thank you for reading <3
hope you enjoy