Hunter Exam?

"Ah! Young (Y/N)!" An older, gruff looking man with a terrifying aura shouts as he hears small footsteps waltz past his office.

"Yea, Dad?" 16 year old, (F/N) (L/N), struts into her father's large office. A sudden boisterous laugh could be heard from the older man as he clutches his desk and stands up from his oversized spinny chair.

"It gets me every time, darling! You can't even feel my aura can you?" Another round of loud laughter accompanied by a proud smile directed at his daughter's truly magnificent powers.

(Y/N) scratches her neck awkwardly, never really understanding why her father continually doted on her Nen abilities. "I guess your aura just isn't that scary Dad!"

The two shared a small laugh before the older man suddenly asked, "Would you be interested in taking the Hunter Exam?" The confusion evident on (Y/N)'s face as she tilted her head to the side in an almost comic manner.

"Why would I do that? It's not like I wanna become a Hunter." She stated as she leaned back against the wall opposite of her father, eyeing him suspiciously.

"I just figured this may be a good chance to make some friends, or get in some training. And if neither of that works then you can come back and brag about how easy it was!" He laughs loudly to himself, "you know, it took me a few tries before I managed to pass it myself!"

"Hmm.." After one last suspicious glance, "Okay! Why not?" She joined her fathers childish grinning. "Maybe people will finally wanna talk to me." She slipped out sheepishly.

"YES! That's my daughter!" He beamed as he sent a thumbs up her way. "Don't you worry about finding the exam site, I'll figure that out for you." (Y/N) nods back happily. "Now, go train so can pass it your first try!"

The younger girl walks out of the room, feeling excited for her soon-to-be plans.

The moment that her footsteps could no longer be heard and her aura no longer felt, the large man stumbled back into his chair gasping for air, "Wow. It was starting to get a bit hard to breathe with that aura of her's."

*~~*~~*~~*
Hiya!
Just wanted to let everyone know that this story will be pretty slow burn and also chapters will be longer than this in the future. At this point, I have absolutely no idea which characters I will be focusing on haha.

Anyway enjoy ❣️