secrets

Third Person
~~~~~~~

"Hmmm... is that all you'll tell me~"

Illumi took a quick glance at the sleeping figure of the young girl. Then shook his head at Hisoka. "I'm sorry. Nothing happened during this exam."

"Is that so~?" Hisoka never intended to give up, but perhaps the answer to his question would be found later on.

(Y/N) POV
*******

When I woke up about 10 hours had passed and the  number of people that had finished their exam had increased a ton. Illumi, now with that creepy pin face again, was standing across the room in a corner, and I noticed the clown, Hisoka, was staring at him pretty creepily.

From the corner of my eye I spotted a man I'd never noticed before with dark hair watching me intently. I turned directly toward the man and went to make eye contact, but by the time I turned toward him he moved to somewhere else in the room. I instantly found where he was now standing, but he was turned away from me, engaged in a conversation with a lighter haired man.

Before I could think further on the issue, Illumi walked toward me and sat cross-legged right next to me, our knees making contact. I snapped my head instantly in his direction, blushing at the memories of what had happened during our exam.

"I-I'm sorry-" I began stuttering but he interrupted me.

"No. I'm sorry." He looked directly in my eyes as he apologized for MY actions.

"N-no! It's just that- when I use my special ability I kind of.. tend to go a bit.. crazy." I sighed in failure as he continued to stare at me without any emotions.

"It's okay. I shouldn't have allowed for it to happen."

Hisoka then walked up to the two of us, his fists on his hips and a playful grin on his face. "How are you young miss~?" The grin on his face only grew as he peered down at me.

"Hmm.. well I'm tired." I giggled a bit and Hisoka bit his lip as he took a long breath in. He then kneeled down in front of me, seemingly ignoring Illumi's presence. "Let me introduce myself properly. I'm Hisoka Morrow. So, what's your name?" He tilted his head to side with his eyes closed and an evil grin spread across his face.

"I'm (y/n) (l/n)." I smiled back, but Hisoka gave me a questioning side glance at my answer.

"Sweetheart.. are you sure that's your last name?" He squinted his eyes as if trying to check for himself.

"Why do people keep asking that? Yes, I'm sure! My dad raised me and his last name is (l/n)!" I started to act like a child, raising my voice but also pouting because of how strange the question was.

"Oh. Sweety, what's your father's name again?" He squinted his eyes again, but this time more playfully.

"(Y/Dad's F/n) (l/n)!"

"Hmm~" he looked me up and down suspiciously, "well then, have you ever heard of the Himura family?"

"Huh? Himura? Who's that?" Illumi's body stiffened by me as I asked. He was glaring so hard at Hisoka I thought lasers might shoot from his eyes.

"My my dear~ they're a world-renowned family of-"

"That's enough." Illumi suddenly grabbed Hisoka's wrists, not violently, but rather in an attempt to stop him from talking. Hisoka chuckled and stood up, Illumi following instantly. The two left me alone and so I walked to get some food.

Time Skip ~~~~

I woke up again and this time Gon, Killua the guy that tried to give me orange juice, a tall man, and a blonde teen had just walked in and the exam was declared as done. We all walked out of the tower and Lippo explained where our next Exam was. "Now, let's proceed." A cart with a box on it was brought out, "to begin with, I will need each of you to draw lots now."

Somebody had asked what the point of it was and Lippo responded with, "who you hunt, and who hunts you." He went on to explain the specifics of the cards. "Now, each of you will draw a card in the order you exited the tower. Alright which of you was first?"

Hisoka walked up first which caused a few gasps throughout the crowd of the 24 remaining examinees. Then was Illumi, with this awful pincushion face, he was creaking and moving so awkwardly the whole time. But when I walked up, people's stares were so much more intense and nobody dared make a noise. I picked out a card and looked, number 118. SHOOT WHICH ONE WAS THAT?? For some reason I felt that it was this one guy with a monkey, but I had no way of knowing for sure.

After everyone went we got on a boat and started on our way to the island for our third exam. After some lady explained to us some things I chose to walk over to Gon to ask him about my target, he and Killua were already deep in conversation so I chose to wait them out by a railing. They seemed to have stopped and Killua began to stand before I rushed over, their bodies became sort of rigid as I ran over. "Wait, Killua. Do either of you know who number 118 is?"

The two boys looked at each other and raised their eyebrows before turning to me and shaking their heads. "No, we're sorry. Maybe try Leorio and Kurapika though!" This was my turn to raise my eyebrows in confusion.

"Who are they?" The two blinked slowly at me before pointing to the tall man and blonde teen from before.

"Ohhhh. The people that you were with before. Okay thank you!" I smiled at them before walking over to the two. As I walked up they both visibly grimaced at my presence. "Leorio and Kurapika?"

"Uhhh.. y-yea that's us, what do you want?" The tall man asked me, maybe he was Leorio? Or Kurapika?

"Well Gon and Killua said that you two may know who number 118 is?" They looked at each other before the blonde teen spoke up.

"Yea. It's the taller guy with a monkey." His voice was smooth and he didn't seem intimidated by me like most people.

"I thought so, phew. Thank you!"

Before I could walk off, the blonde one stopped me, "wait. So, 118 is your target right?" I nodded in response, "okay, so I think I have a plan."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
im sorry I didn't post a chapter yesterday :(
but I hope you all enjoyed and thank you for reading 😙💜