7- THE PARTY

Warning: There is underage drinking in this chapter! If it makes you uncomfortable, please skip it!

Chapter 7: The Party

Parties.

When it comes to the parties at Hogwarts, Gryffindors are the best partiers.

They just know how to let loose and forget about their problems.

The morning after Sirius Black's attack, the students were woken up and ushered back into their common rooms. Of course, people were still scared that he was going to pop up out of thin air, but Hermione gave a lecture on Hogwarts: A History and showed that they had nothing to worry about. That's what everyone thought before Black broke into the castle, though.

People were still consoling Cassie left and right. She was getting tired of people taking pity on her and she made that very clear at lunch.

The quartet made their way down to the Great Hall for lunch after lounging around in Harry and Ron's dorm all morning.

"Hi, Cassie," said a fourth-year girl Cassie had never met, "I know how hard this must be for you, and if you need someone to talk to, I'm here for you." And with that, the girl walked away.

"Who was that?" asked Ron.

"I have no idea," grumbled Cassie. "I am done with people pitying me."

Cassie walked up to her normal seat and instead of sitting down, she got on the table.

"Hi, everyone," Cassie said, gaining everyone's attention. "You all probably know me, I'm Cassie, yes that awesome, amazing, perfect-"

"Miss Black, get down at once!'

"Hold on, Minnie, I'm almost done," said Cassie. "Listen, don't give me your pity because not gonna lie, I don't really want it. Also if you don't know me, please don't come up to me because it is really awkward if I don't know your name. Thanks!" And with that, Cassie got down from the table and resumed her lunch as if nothing happened.

After that, Cassie didn't get pity from anyone and she appreciated that.

The Fat Lady's ripped canvas had been taken off the wall and replaced by the portrait of Sir Cadogan and his fat gray pony. Nobody was very happy about this. Sir Cadogan spent half of his time challenging people to duels, and the rest thinking up ridiculously complicated passwords.

"He's a complete lunatic," said Seamus Finnigan to Percy. "Can't we get anyone else?"

"None of the other pictures wanted the job," said Percy. "Frightened of what happened to the Fat Lady. Sir Cadogan was the only one brave enough to volunteer."

As for the party, everyone was busy getting ready. Hermione and Cassie were in their room, joined by Parvati Patil and Lavender Brown.

Parvati and Lavender are going as Muggle witches with pointy hats and fake wands.