8- THE GRIM

Chapter 8: Grim Defeat

When Cassie awoke the next morning, she felt an unfamiliar pair of arms around her waist and a chest up against her back. She subconsciously shifted closer to the body that was holding her tight until she realized what was happening.

She opened one eye and realized she was not in the girls' dorms but in Harry and Ron's dorm. Looking down at herself under the covers, she was still in her dress from the previous night. Slowly and stealthily, she moved her head to the side, to see a sleeping Harry.

Harry was looking as peaceful as ever. He had his arms around her waist and his legs tangled with hers. If you were looking from an open point of view, you would assume Harry and Cassie were in a relationship.

"Harry," Cassie whispered. "Harry, love."

"What," he grumbled, grasping on tighter to her.

Seconds after, Harry realized what was happening and he let go of Cassie, a blush on his face matching up with hers.

"We need to get up," she said, lifting the covers.

Then she noticed something from across the room. "You might want to see this, Harry."

There, on Ron's bed, were him and Hermione, with her head on his chest and one hand entwined with his, while his other arm was wrapped around her waist. Cassie internally fist-pumped because she had been shipping Romione since the beginning.

"I'm glad they didn't wake up before us because now we get to tease them instead of the other way around," said Harry, gleefully.

"Hey!" said Cassie. "Wake up lovebirds!"

Then, Ron and Hermione jolted up and away from each other.

"Cmon, 'Mione," Cassie said, grabbing her hand. "Let's go get ready for the day, see you guys later."

"Bye, Cass," said Harry at the same time Ron said, "Bye, Mione."

Ron and Harry turned to look at each other as the girls left the room.

"So," said Cassie. "What was that all about?"

"I don't know what you mean," said Hermione, an obvious blush on her face.

"You two looked pretty cozy," Cassie smirked.

"Shut up."

All anyone talked about for the next few days, was Sirius Black. The theories on how he got in were getting wilder and wilder; Hannah Abbott from Hufflepuff spent most of their next Herbology class telling anyone who'd listen that Black could turn into a flowering shrub.

Harry and Cassie have noticed that they have been not-so discreetly followed to each of their classes by teachers. And it didn't help that Percy Weasley (probably on his mother's orders) was accompanying them everywhere they go.