3- THE TALONS AND TEA LEAVES

𝑊𝑜𝑟𝑑𝑠:6938

𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 3: 𝑇𝑎𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑇𝑒𝑎 𝐿𝑒𝑎𝑣𝑒𝑠

꧁꧂

Cassie awoke to Hermione shaking her.

"It's the first day of classes, get up!"

"Ok! Ok, I'll get up," Cassie croaked as she crawled out of bed.

"Hurry up! We have breakfast in ten minutes!" Hermione said, sitting down on her bed to wait for Cassie.

"I'm hurrying!" Cassie said as she grabbed a skirt and a shirt and headed to the bathroom.

She got dressed and threw her tie around her neck, not bothering to do it. She put on a pair of black boots called 'Doc Martens' that Hermione got her for her birthday last year and threw her robes over her shoulder.

"Alright, ready," said Cassie, coming out of the bathroom.

"What are you wearing?" Hermione asked, as she looking her over.

"....The uniform?" Cassie replied, looking down at herself.

"That's completely barbaric! Do your tie, tuck your shirt in, unroll your waistband, and put on your school shoes!" Hermione explained to Cassie.

"I'm good thanks," Cassie said, grabbing her bag. "What class do we have first? I know you got your schedule last night."

"Erm -- Divination I think," said Hermione opening the door, "let's go, we want to have time to eat."

Cassie and Hermione made their way down the steps of the girl's dormitory and met up with Harry and Ron.

When the quartet entered the Great Hall, the first thing they saw was Draco Malfoy, who seemed to be entertaining a large group of Slytherins with a very funny story. As they passed, Malfoy did a ridiculous impression of a swooning fit and there was a roar of laughter.

"Ignore him," said Cassie who was walking next to Harry, "I'll yell at him later, you know, for some family bonding."

"Hey Potter!" shrieked Pansy Parkinson, or the nickname Cassie gave her, Pugface Parkinson. "Potter! The dementors are coming, Potter! Wooooo!"

"Shut up, Pugface!" yelled Cassie to the Slytherin table.

Cassie dropped into the seat next to Harry, who was next to George.

"New third-year course schedules," said George, passing them over to everyone but Hermione. "What's up with you guys?"

"Malfoy, my dearest cousin," said Cassie.

"Cousin?" George asked.

"Yup, my birth dad is the one and only Sirius Black, Dad told Dumbledore to tell me last night," Cassie explained to George.

George looked up in time to see Malfoy pretending to faint with terror again.

"You're related to that git?"

"Sadly," said Cassie, in a hollow voice. "I thought you would be more concerned that Black is my father."

"I think it's wicked," said George, taking a sip of pumpkin juice. "It's not every day your sister's birth dad is a mass murderer."

"Thanks for that," Cassie said sarcastically.

Harry looked back at Malfoy, who was still doing fainting impressions and grumbled.