Part 14

A week later I met him at a coffee shop.  He was very happy.  I have to be honest, I was too.  Even though he was such an asshole.  Still, I was excited.  I was excited!  Oh god why  But the fear of getting caught was much greater.  I sat across from him, I had the best place to watch everyone.  I did that too.  I had to be sure no one saw us.  I can't remember what he talked about - definitely about what happened in the past - he didn't get my attention because I was watching like a security.  He noticed and also asked me if we should go anywhere else.  To a place where nobody was  but I did not want it !  I loved him, but I was also afraid that he would kid me again or harm me.  So strange !

We ate and sat there for an hour.  Not more than an hour.  Then I went home.  He made a note of my number.  We decided not to hate each other but to keep our distance.  He didn't want to fully bill the contact.

In the evening I lay next to my husband as if nothing hadn't happened.  I was ashamed.  No idea why.  Maybe because I met Sahel!?!.

From the next day my days began with his messages and ended with a little conversation on the phone.  Yes I was stupid!  I answered the phone when he called me.  He was very different.  My feelings about him were different. I felt like a cheat.  As if I was in affair with him and if I was cheating my husband.  But we talked like two normal friends.

Over time, I started lying to my husband.  Just went out to meet Sahel.  I didn't recognize myself anymore.  I lied to my husband to meet him. The man who destroyed my life?!? Yes I did it ! F*** it!

Some days I was with him all day and some days I talked to him on the phone all day.  I even neglected my son.  Was I a bad mom ?!  I think so!  What reassured me was the knowledge that I was not cheating on my husband.  Yes, I had no physical relationship with Sahel. That made me happy and proud.

I often argued with my husband and that peace was gone.  I no longer felt comfortable in my own apartment.  How can you hate a person so much and love him at the same time?  I didn't have an answer to that.  I still loved Sahel, but I also hated him.  I think my love was much stronger than hate!