Part 8

I was on my way. My aunt thought I went to school. Early in the morning I went to the bus stop. Ticket in one hand and a bag in the other hand. I was very afraid of being caught. I got on the bus with a lot of hunger and thirst. I only had a little money with me. I didn't buy anything with it, maybe I would need it.

After many, many hours ... I arrived. Mumbai City. My town. It was Thursday evening. I took out my cell phone, turned it on to call Sahel. I knew I wouldn't find the address in a moment. I hardly had any money either. I knew my way around the city, but the address was new to me. I got notifications that he tried to call me. I called him ... and suddenly my cell phone went off. Shiiiiiit ... I still had time. I asked people on the street and tried to find the address. But just ran back and forth. I did not find the address. Shit !
I asked a rickshaw driver if he would drive me there for this money I which still had. Yes, I also had something to drink and something to eat, so I had even less money than before. The driver was so nice and drove me there for free. I gave him the money anyway. Now I was standing in front of the meeting place. Without money with my purse.
I looked right and left. I was looking for him. But  ... He wasn't there. Nobody was there. It was an empty construction site ... It was dark ... I stood there.. alone ... suddenly it occurred to me ... He said that if I didn't come, he would get engaged on Friday. Tomorrow then. I had to go to his house. Before his engagement! But how was the question. I did not have money ... We were out of town. Nobody was there.... I started crying. Suddenly I heard a voice.
The driver: "What's wrong little one?"

I looked at him with watering eyes.
The driver: "I was wondering what you were going to do here, so I waited. Now I see that you were waiting for a person who did not come. Do you want to wait here alone for this person or should I drive you back? "

Me: "Could you drive me to an address. I'll get money for the trip there too. "
Driver: "Oh nonsense! No come I'll drive you. "

I told him the address and he drove me there. Thank God. I am so grateful to him. He drove me for free ... and there and back. He will always be in my prayers.

I arrived. His parents' house was huge. The guard stopped me and asked what I want. I said I have to go to Sahel. He asked my name and called Sahel's father. I think ... Because on the phone he said "sir". After the call, he came to me back and said that I should come over tomorrow because Sahel is not there. I just said, "Why? Where should I go?"
The guard didn't care. He didn't open the gate. So I went to the side. I sat down on the street and waited.