Change of Plans 21

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Sorry everyone for taking so long recently for new uploads! PLEASE READ COMMENT AND VOTE! :D love you all

*******************************

CHAPTER 20 REVIEW!!

Hayden's POV

Renee had turned the TV on and we had been focusing on the lame soap opera when I felt a slight pressure on my hand.

I whipped my head around and looked down at Xavier.

He lay there beaming his crazy smirk up at me, reaching for my hand.

"Hi baby." he said with a smile.

*******************************

CHAPTER 21

Xavier's POV

A muffled voice filled my ears and I was blinded as I opened my eyes.

As I adjusted to the light, I realized a person was sitting beside me on my bed.

I limply picked up my hand and searched around for that person's hand to get their attention.

The room was blurry and I felt as though I was in a fog.

I felt the warm flesh of a hand touch mine and I tried to wrap my numb fingers around theirs'.

The person turned their head towards me and I felt their hair slid across our intertwined hands.

Hayden. I realized.

I look up at her and whispered, "Hi baby." a lame smile cascading across my face.

***********

"You're all set to go Xavier." the aged nurse told me sweetly. "We'll be seeing you and your girlfriend in a few months." she said with a wink.

How does she know about the baby? I wondered.

"Okay honey, all your stuff is in the car. Let's get moving!" Mom snaked her arm around me in an awkward hug.

"I'm so glad you're alive sweetie." she whispered before she kissed my cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too mom." I hugged her back.

She pulled away and walked around to the back of my wheel chair.

"Hayden, no." Mom said sternly. "I am not letting you push Xavier."

I turned around to see Hayden trying to push my wheelchair, but was being scolded by my mother.

I laughed as Hayden stepped away looking dejected.

"I'm not letting my pregnant daughter-in-law push my son in a wheelchair." she grabbed the handles and began to push me down the hospital hall towards the elevator.

"Renee, I am perfectly capable of pushing a wheelchair." Hayden said stubbornly.

"You may be, but I don't want you over exerting yourself, sweetie." Mom said.

Hayden walked ahead and pushed the elevator button.

Seeing her glowing seemed to make all the pain go away.

The impact of the truck against the drivers' size door of my beloved car caused me to break my neck, and also knocked me out. If I would've been awake, the doctors told me I would have most definitely become paralyzed. But because I wasn't moving, just my neck was damaged.