Change of Plans 20

AUTHOR'S NOTE: SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG TO UPLOAD!

******************************

CHAPTER 19 REVIEW!!

The heartless doctor left us and Renee turned to me.

"Are you alright honey?" she asked, ever so selflessly.

I nodded my head, stunned. Xavier was in a coma. He was alive.

But he could easily die, my stupid brain brought up.

He wouldn't do that to me and the baby, I thought stubbornly.

****************************

CHAPTER 20

Hayden's POV

The weeks past by slowly, but life went on.

Xavier was still in the drug induced coma, but they were planning on waking him up as soon as this weekend.

Word of my pregnancy had been kept on the down low, meaning no one at school knew besides my best friends.

We had other friends, girls on the cheerleading squad, and the guys; Kyle, Matt and Will. Will had apologized to Amy so many times, and she finally gave in, saying they could be friends.

But Amy's idea of 'being friends' was pretty much ignoring him, which annoyed Will, forcing him to more on.

So although we didn't see much of will, Matt and Kyle were always by my side.

When the two boys had found out, they didn't believe us at first.

"You're what?" Kyle had asked in disbelief.

"Who's the father?" Matt asked, also stunned.

"It's not me." Kyle said glumly and Amy slapped him.

"Kyle, we're being serious." Amy stated.

"Xavier. He's the father." I had told them.

Ever since I had told them, they were acting extremely protective of me, and also Amy.

And today was no different. It was Friday, thank God, and Amy and the guys and I were going to see Xavier after school today.

Earlier in the week, I had had a doctor appointment, just to check up on the baby. Mom and Amy had come and we were told everything was fine.

At almost three months, I felt as though everyone could see my belly, although Amy disagreed.

"Hayden! No one can see anything! Unless you decide to go naked, someone might notice if they were looking really close!" she had told me yesterday in the locker room after cheer practice.

Coach didn't know yet, but Mom said that I needed to tell her soon because cheering isn't good for the baby.

The coach was always pretty understanding, and I hoped she wouldn't kick me off the team after I told her.

Obviously I wouldn't be able to cheer, but I still wanted to be there to support my teammates.

The bell rang, signaling that it was lunchtime and I gathered my things and headed down the hall.

Today, my normal stilettos were switched (doctor's orders) for a pair of two inch silver wedges to match my black tank dress and silver sequin belt.

I walked down the busy hall, being pushed around, until I felt two pairs of strong arms arms seclude me from the crowd.