Chapter 21

Siren's POV

Day 8. I still have no kills lately, but I don't know how the baby from 11 died. My bloodlust has gotten out of hand I feel, as I'm the last career and want to kill the rest of these people. I start walking up the mountain and take a rest on a tree. I put my coat on as it's getting dangerously cold up here and I'm surprised there's no snow yet. Instead of continuing to walk I think of my twin brother. I remember all the times we would catch fish in district 4 with our spears, hearing the ocean breeze, and thinking about him makes me fall asleep on the tree.

A few hours later, I hear footsteps, and I don't think much of it as I'm still in my dreams, when I'm brought back to reality and I see the little brat from 12 running away with my first aid kit, a can of food, and a canteen of water, all that were mine. I grab my bow and I shoot for her legs, and I see that her foot has healed a lot better than the last time we met.

I barely miss her feet and start chasing after her with a sword, some throwing knives, and my bow. I throw a knife and it grazes her shoulder as she yelps and face plants on the ground. Thanks to the fact we are running down hill, I'm able to get down to her fairly quickly and load my bow as I approach her.

I fire but she somehow knocks it away with her backpack she put the stolen supplies in. She stands up and rips the arrow out of her backpack and throws it back at me with her uninjured arm, and I gracefully dodge it but she's running again, the little coward. "Get back here you brat!" I yell, not caring if the boy from 11 and the girl from 10 are close.

She's very agile, I'll give her that, and I hear her say, "This is for Ash!" I don't know what she means until a huge tree branch knocks me in the face, causing my nose to bleed and I see her disappear from view. I throw a temper, firing an arrow in the air out of rage. And I set up camp in a cave after I easily killed another one of those mutts, they seem to be everywhere. I also make a trap that will leave any tribute hanging by their feet, ready to be murdered. And I get some much needed rest.