Chapter 5

Kernel's POV

I am dragged out of the train and I am put on some sort of bed, where I dress naked while my prep team gets me ready for the parade. The parade has the tributes stylist and prep team work on them, and I look at my prep team and they are nothing like I've seen back in district 9. They are all old women and have long eyelashes, wigs, and one even has their skin dyed a purple. As they remove all leg and arm hair from my body, lengthen my eyelashes, and who knows what else, I wonder what my costume will be for the parade, as usually both the tributes from each district wear similar costumes, usually resembling something from their district, so that would be me and Garner and district 9, which is grain.

When I'm fully 'Done' I meet my stylist, "Hi, I'm Chester." He says, and he is definitely not what I was expecting. He's wearing a blue suit with light blue eyes, and I can see he's only a few years older than me, maybe about 18, and I can tell this is his first year.

"So, what is it this year? Farmers again?" I ask, he laughs,

"Not quite," he answers, "I'm thinking hills." I laugh, 

"You're joking right? How the heck are you gonna do that?" He raises an eyebrow,

"Here." He presses a button on some remote and the wall behind me turns, revealing a gorgeous green dress that resembles grass, and then I get the green contacts.