Chapter 6

Gleam's POV

Before I can even see the crowd, our chariot is pulled by the pink horses and I look to my left, and I see my district partner, Luster. The crowd screams and cheers for us, or maybe just Luster. I look at the screen and I see what the crowd is seeing, a variety of pink jewelry all over us, and even some on my skin, and we look almost naked, only pink cloth on our private parts, and our hair dyed a hot pink. Every year district 1 is great, as they get the first choice stylists, and they are first in the parade, so they are ones to watch out for every year, and I have to admit, I love our costumes.

Siren's POV

I watch as the 1's finish up their parades, as they are always first. And then the 2's go, and they are dressed in warrior outfits with their swords raised up high to symbolate their district industry, masonry. As always, the district 2's always look tough and deadly. The district 3 tributes are dressed in gears, like their industry, technology, and the tributes don't look tough or attractive, but smart and intelligent.

And then it's me and my twin, Finbar. We hold hands and raise our hands like our stylists said, and the crowd loves us. District 4 always goes for attractive and this year doesn't disappoint, as we look amazing. My brother and I are wearing almost nothing, but I have a skirt and a top made of seashells, while he has swimming trunks on, and our face and hair is natural, because our stylists said they don't have to do much, but show our best features, and they definitely did that.

Jo's POV

I watch the 4's finish their chariot and me and Spark go. We are wearing all red and orange with blue shoes and it looks like we are a burning flame, from our shoes to our hair. Our stylists told us to spin, and every time we spin, flames would rise as if we are fire. I love our costumes, and even the careers are looking surprised at the end.

Twyla's POV

I watch the 5's do theirs, and I'm impressed. It looks like they are fire or on fire, I don't know which their stylists went for, but it looks good either way. I watch the 6's go, and they are pretty average, they are dressed as stars, with shining skin. Then I watch the 7's go, and they have fuzzy outfits with orange and red to show a maple tree, and the capitol actually loves the costumes, they are contenders, well, for their looks I guess.

Then we take off, and I see me and Lee's outfits that look like yarn, and the capitol is pretty normal, but I think our outfits are amazing.

Kernel's POV

I don't watch any of the other chariots, as I don't want to be intimidated by them, and I'm proud of our costume. We take off, and right when the capitol sees our costumes, they scream and cheer louder than they ever did for any other chariot, they absolutely love us and our green. I wear the dress, while Garner wears a green suit.

Colt's POV

I love the 9's costumes. I love the green, and how it looks like natural grass, which we don't get much of back home. Our chariot is pulled and we get the standard applause from the capitol. We are wearing our district's native clothes, which are a ten gallon hat with belt buckle and boots, but with sparkles for some reason. I don't understand the idea and I'd rather just wear it without the sparkles, but oh well.

I don't know how to look really, tough or attractive or what feeling to even show on my face, and I look a bit awkward, but at least my district partner Viscera has her look down. She's definitely tough looking, with her more muscular body, dark skin, and brown eyes, as she is looking straight ahead, not even looking at the crowd, not even waving or anything. I kinda like this approach, but I definitely wouldn't be able to pull it off.

Chaff's POV

As the 10's finish up their chariot, our team is scrambling. They are running about, silently panicking to get us on the chariot. When it's our turn we run slightly late and a few seconds behind. We are wearing fruit shirts and fruit pants, with our crowns made out of fruit and vegetables, to show our district industry, agriculture. The idea isn't bad, and we get a slightly better applause then the normal cheer. We finish up and I watch the 12's do their run, and I can tell they are blushing and looking away from each other the whole time, they must like each other. They are wearing all black miners outfits, with black makeup all over them. I smile as they continue to blush all the way through, they must have had some kind of conversation or something, or maybe they find eachother attractive? I don't know, but I hear Soya whisper, "I ship it." and smile.

I watch the 12's finish up their run, and I see President Snow walk up to the microphone and quiet the crowd. "Welcome, to the 45th Annual Hunger Games! And as always, may the odds be ever in your favor." He says, and I roll my eyes, besides Seeder, the odds haven't exactly been in district 11's favor the past years. And we finish up the parade, and as we leave I hear the capitol cheering behind me.

Seeder is my mentor, and she won her games by hiding and staying in a small space, as the arena was shaped as the Panem logo, and was a maze. It was also the longest hunger games ever.