Chapter 11

Spark's POV

After a huge breakfast, Thorburn, Jo, and James walk in. "Private training sessions, today you will get your score." Says James, and Thorburn nods,

"Yes, this is the time to show your best. Spark, you show your knife skills. Jo, you show your sword and spear skills. Also, both of you show survival skills ok?" We nod and we go into the elevator. We are the last ones to arrive, and our alliance members greet us.

"Hey, 5's, over here." Says Kernel, and we sit down and we have to lean past the 6's, 7's, and 8's to talk to them.

"Hi, are there any other alliances?" Jo asks,

"Yup, the careers of course. The' 7's, we call them the opposites. And the 12's, aka the blushers." Colt says as he points to each one.

"Luster Gold." says a robotic voice from the door, and Luster walks in. After 30 minutes of talking Luster comes back and the robotic voice says, "Gleam Porsche." She does hers and all the careers go, then Jo goes. "Spark Genera." Says the voice, and I walk through the door. As I walk in I see the gamemakers up above in a room. A lot of them look drunk or almost drunk, but at least some are paying attention.

I see all the stations that were at training, just smaller. I walk over to the throwing knife station and hold the knife in my hand. It's light and easy to throw, but deadly. I walk to a throwing line, where there is a human target made out of cardboard, and it has all the weak points, like the head, the chest, and the throat, with big circles on the most weak points, and smaller ones on the weaker points.

I throw my first knife, and it lands on the head, right where I wanted it. I hear the gamemakers whisper to each other, and I do that for like ten minutes. I then do survival skills for the rest of the time, like making a fire, purifying water, and I even make my own knife. I have five seconds left and I throw one last knife from where I am, and I hit it dead in the chest, and they dismiss me as I walk back to my room.