My thoughts on the Redemption Arc

This is Just my opinion.

Originally Published; October 7th, 2020 

~~~

So, some people came to me saying why do I still make Endeavor a bad character in some of my stories. The first reason is for the plot of that story, and also that's my business on how I make a character.

Also, I understand some people are letting off him a little bit since season four and this whole redemption arc thing. But, with me...I can't really say it's a redemption arc.

Yes, he's trying to be better than before. But you still emotionally and physically abused your children and you put your hands on your wife and God knows what else he did to her.

You caused her to have a mental breakdown and harm her child and made it seem like it was her fault. And not to mention send her to a hospital for almost a decade and it's the only place where she's safe. I can't even imagine half of what Rei went through. Especially when he kept making her have kids until he had one with a "Perfect" Quirk.

And you caused your oldest to harm himself and leave. And all he cared about is having a "Successor."

As I said, I get he's trying to get better, but he was still an abusive father and husband, I can't see through someone who damaged people for their own benefit.

Personally, this is coming from a person who had an Absent/manipulative and toxic father growing up. So I wasn't too keen on the Redemption arc in the first place.

When I first started watching My Hero, I always thought that Todoroki was waiting for Endeavor to get comfortable with him during the internships and then got him back when he least expected it or something. Honestly, that would've been my plan.

So, I wouldn't really call it a redemption arc, I'd say it's more like growth from being an asshole. That's just me, cause he can't wash away what he did, redemption or not.

Just had to get that off my chest

More stories coming soon! Don't rush me though.