The Oath

Mob Boss!Shoto x Reader || Drabble

This is based off my favorite scene from Suicide Squad 

~~~

You were the girlfriend/partner of the Mob boss of the Todoroki family. He was infamous and he worked in silence. 

When he first met you, you were a waitress/server at a diner on the other side of town during the graveyard shift. He just got finished with a job and wanted some coffee, but the coffee house that he would usually go for coffee wasn't open at that hour and he stumbled upon your diner.

You were welcoming to him, despite his odd silence. But you often got weird customers. You were just a college student trying to pay rent. 

You had no idea that serving him coffee that night would change your path in life.

After the third or fourth time of coming to the diner, he told you his name and you two started talking.

Afterwards, you were receiving flowers and large tips for a cup of coffee that was only $1.80. Next thing you know, he asked you out on a date.

He bought your groceries, a new car, nice dinners, and even a new apartment than the shoebox you were living in. 

After almost a year of dating, he finally revealed who he really was. He expected you to be scared off or even angry at the least. You admitted that you had an idea that he was in or at least related to that line of work.

Shoto often tried to not get you involved with his work, but sometimes he would bring work home.

You've never seen him kill anyone, but you would often see him and his brothers at a sit down with someone who would work with them or betray them.

Shoto never had a reason to doubt your loyalty, but he knew this life often made things tense. He kept you safe at all costs.

You were the only thing standing between him and total chaos.

~~

One night, you were standing out on the balcony, looking at the city lights of Tokyo when you heard footsteps behind you. It was Shoto standing behind you, wrapping his arms around your waist.

"I have a question," He begins. "Would you die for me?"

"Yes." You say to him.

"Mm, that's too easy." His right hand trails up your body and traced against your collarbone. 

"Would you...would you live for me? Hm?" His cold fingers gently wrapped around your throat. 

"Yes." You answered truthfully.

He tilts your head up. "Be careful dove, don't say this oath thoughtlessly."

He turns you around, and looks you right in the eyes. "Desire becomes surrender, surrender becomes power."

His gently swipes his thumb across your bottom lip. "Do you want this?"

"I do." 

"Say it, pretty please." He says barely above a whisper.

"Please."

He gives you a genuine smile. "You're so good."

With that he goes into his pocket and pulls out a small box and opens it, revealing a necklace with a blue diamond. "This was my mothers, and I want you to have it."

"I can't take this." You tell him.

"I want you to have it. It would mean everything in the world to me if you did." He says.

You take the box into your hands, looking at the necklace. "It's beautiful."

"She wanted me to give this to someone who I really love when I got older. I honestly thought it would never happen. Life had other plans for me I guess." Shoto says while leading you away from the balcony and into your shared master bedroom.

You look into the mirror as he fastened the necklace around your neck. "It's perfect." 

"You'll come back safe right?" You asked.

"I will, I always do." Shoto says as he grabs his holster from off the bed.  

"You're the only thing that keeps me going (y/n)." He places a kiss on your forehead and goes to do another job.