A/N: Rest In Peace...

Hey ya'll so in case if you haven't noticed, I have recently been pretty consistent in uploading new parts to this fanfiction. But today something happened and I would like to share it with all of you.

I was doing my online classes and then when I had a lunch break, I decided to help my mom clean our budgie's cage. Then I noticed that there was a small baby wild bird sitting in front of our backyard and it wasn't moving so I got concerned. When I went to check on it, I saw that there was this yellow bubbly stuff coming out it's beak and I knew that this is not a sign of a healthy bird. So I put it in a little box and took it home. It wasn't moving and a lot of mucus and yellow bubbly spit was coming out of the beak. My mom and I tried to help and we gave her water which eventually cleaned out the mucus and yellow bubbly stuff. So, we decided to let it free. My mom had the bird on her hand so when she tried to set it free, it wouldn't fly away and it would just stay there on her hand. 

After we called our local Animal Rescue, the guy said that due to the heavy winter storms and wind storms were getting in California, the bird was tired and fatigue. So the man said to leave it in the box and let it be comfortable and then let it fly out when it's ready to. So that's what we did. 

We gave a little cushion in the box which was made of toilet paper and we also added a few leaves and branches. We didn't really know what to feed to the wild bird so we gave the bird some of our budgie's bird food but it didn't really eat it. We decided to let it rest in the sun in our backyard because it was really cold. 

After my school was done for the day, I decided to check on the bird. I also decided to name it Brownie because it's feather's were a beautiful brown. Anyways, after a couple of hours, Brownie still didn't fly away and was sun bathing but then the sun wasn't here anymore and the cold gush and wind came back. But only this time it was way more worse than before. We didn't know what to do and the animal rescue person said to leave it in the backyard and to not leave it inside of the house. So he was the expert and we listened to him. Also due to COVID and the pandemic, we weren't sure of the viruses Brownie could carry because after all, Brownie was a wild bird. 

Anyways, it got really chilly and really cold and the wind picked up real fast. My brother and I were constantly taking turns to check in on Brownie. So then when it was my brother's turn to watch after Brownie, I was doing my homework and stuff in the living room. All of a sudden my brother starts running over to me and starts to hug me so tightly and cry's in my shoulder. (He's my younger brother in case if you were wondering...were 4 years apart). Anyways he keeps crying and crying while he hugs me really tight. I finally ask him what the matter was, even though I knew the exact reason why he was crying but I didn't want to face it. 

"Why are you crying?" I ask

"Br-Brownie's gone" *brother cries a lot*

* I didn't say anything, I just hugged him even tighter*

After a couple of minutes, my parents come in and ask what the matter is, we gave the news that Brownie had sadly passed so my mom went to go check on Brownie. She confirmed that Brownie was deceased and no longer living. But this one thing she said to me stuck out the most. 

Mom: "Do you see how her eyes are opened?"

Me:  "Yeah..."

Mom: "Well in our culture, when someone is dead and their eyes are opened and not closed, it means that they still had a desire. The weren't ready for death, they weren't ready to end their journey. They had goals, they had plans, but unfortunately they couldn't achieve them in their life." 

Me: "Oh."

When my mom said this I had a flashback to when T'challa in Civil War said, "In my culture death is not the end" and also the ancestral place in Black Panther. 

I pray that Brownie is in a better place now, and maybe in Brownie's second life, he or she or they will be able to complete the goals he/she/they couldn't accomplish. 

Rest In Peace Brownie, we all love you. 

♥️January 25, 2021 6:05 pm ♥️