Nightmare

The dark steel fog swirls around me. The warmth of the dream disappeared, and only the frost shivers that run down my spine remain. Hot, thick liquid wets y toes. The air is metallic, and the scent is uncomfortably familiar. The endless darkness is unwelcoming, but the worst is...

Juliette is not here

I look around worriedly. The last night she didn't show up. Again. I remembered her guilty face when she had come back the last time.

"I 'm sorry," she said. The fear that something happened to her poisoned my veins.

Thinking of her weighs down my chest.

I am scared that in the reflections of universes we lost each other. I am afraid we went blind in a mirror maze of worlds. I am terrified she doesn't want to dream with me anymore...

But then I remember. It is her. Smokes rising from the chimneys write beauty in her grey eyes. The girl watches me like I'm a magical spell or beautiful stripes of light floating through the air. I can never forget the gaze full of tenderness, passion. I can't forget the words she uses to make my heart stop.

"Don't worry, Paris. We are like the sky and moon. We will always find our way to each other."

And just like that, I can think clearly.

I am dreaming, which means she is on her way. How could I not think of that before?

So because of her words and kindness, I ignore the blood in the air and the blood on my feet. Because I love her, and it hurts my heart that she is holding in her hands.

"Paris."

I turn around quickly.

Juliette is smiling. The beautiful curve of her lips is engraved in the sky of the world I imagine we live in. I breathe out, relieved. She is here.

I step to her.

Juliette is still smiling gently. No one can smile as kindly as my Juliette. No one can brighten a painting of darkness as well as Juliette.

So when the tear destroyed her smile I wanted to cry. A bloody tear slid down her cheek. Her knees give up and she falls into me. Juliette is shivering and her eyes are filled with screams she refuses to let out.

"Fuck, Juliette!"

Juliette's side is bloodied. Her fingers that are gripping the wound are covered with dried and fresh blood. Juliette breaths too frantically, and she shivers too violently. Sweat sticks the hair to her face, and she takes my hand shakily.

"I'm sorry." the girl breaths out brokenly.

"What?!"

"I promised to not dream without you. I didn't know I was not going to come last night." Juliette whispers, her voice cracking. I feel the pain in me rise. Juliette... she...I can't lose her.

It seems so surreal. Holding someone I so desperately love in my arms and watch how under her hand the blood just doesn't stop. I beg God to stop her bleeding. I don't care if I believe in him. If there is a little chance that she survives... I would cross nations, fight armies, and swim across oceans.

"How it happened?" I try to make sense of it.

"Does it matter?"

"No. Fuck..." I swear and try to hold her wound, but I can't do anything. Why can't I do anything? Why?!

"You are here."

"I am." Juliette looks at me with knowing eyes and that breaks me even more.

"You are asleep. How can you be asleep?!"

Juliette looks at me with pity and wipes the tear that slides down my cheek as the realization hits.

She is unconscious. That is why she is here. She is d -.

"Juliette. Please, tell me there is – there is someone for you there. They are helping you right? They have to. Because- Please, tell me you'll be okay." I beg. But the merciful truth reflects in her eyes.

She shakes her head.

I am helpless as I hold her in my arms. All I can do is watch her pain with tears in my own eyes.

"All I ever had... was you."¨

Her words pain me. They bring me to my knees again and again. Every time Juliette breaths out her thoughts, I can never stop watching how her lips curve into a smile, but now it is pain that is taking over her face. I pull her closer. But I realize we can never find out if we can get a little closer.

"You'll be alright, beautiful."

"I will." She said tenderly, but I knew it is for me. This girl is far too kind to be in such pain. Too kind to d-. She can't leave. Not before we are ready. Not before I can tell her I love her. Before it's too late.

"Juliette I-"

"Paris. I'm scared." Juliette sobs. Her wistful eyes let tears slide down her cheeks. I want to give her the peace the girl my heart belongs so craves. I lay my forehead against hers and breathe out calmly, even if my heartbeat is frantic. Because holding her here shatters my heart. And all those pieces belong to her.

"I am here. I already promised you to see?" I chuckle painfully when our tears mix. My hand is on her cold cheek. Her eyes flutter and she grips me tightly. But I won't slip away.

"What did you promise?"

And that is when I kiss her.

Because we fell for each other like stars. In the dark. When nothing surrounded us. Magically and yet I could describe exactly how I fell.

And still she is more than anything can ever describe.

That is why I promised to never stop loving Juliette.

.

.

.

I have mixed feelings about this. How about you?

See you on Saturday!

Vote, Comment, Subscribe... whatever just enjoy the ride:D

⁓SD