14.

EDITED

Juliette doesn't have a bright smile on her face and her eyes don't flicker with gold. She doesn't look away from the beauty of the sky. Like she needs something nice to stay in the dream. And Paris realises how he hates how gloomy she is now. Because it was his fault and he knew that this brave, beautiful girl deserves moons, sun and stars a not some stranger that doesn't have someone to call a friend in his world. The girl sitting on the stone with her hands deep in the coat. Her face is softly framed by her hair that suddenly reminds Paris of ash and wood. They shone under the sun rays that were waving goodbye to them. Paris sees so many dreams in her eyes. So many wishes in the mist. He believed that there couldn't probably be anyone who wouldn't want to fulfil every one of those wishes. Not, when she looks at everyone like that. But Paris doesn't know that Juliette gazes with such calm fog above the sunny sea only at him.

"Amichemin is like a crossroad of worlds. Technically, it isn't a world itself. It protects the secrets of universes and worlds themselves. I recognised Earth by..."

"There are more worlds?" Paris couldn't bear it.

"Of course. There are gates in Amichemin. Sometimes beings like vampires or demons escape to other worlds for the crimes they committed in their motherland, but in the end, they are always caught. Fate doesn't let worlds mix." says Juliette sadly with her eyes focused behind the sky. Maybe she is searching for a long-lost lover behind those clouds and Paris can't help but feel uneasy.

He remembers the fictions on Rosaline's bookshelf. And with a heavy heart, he realises that there are so many books that his small, sweet sister will never read.

"That sounds..."

"Unfair, I know, Love."

"No, fantastic!" surprises Juliette Paris with his answer. She raises her gaze to him and tilts her head. She frowns little that wrinkle between her eyebrows appearing and her ash hair covering the scar on her lips. Those small things that the girl does seem more familiar with each second.

"Can everyone in Amichemin do magic?" asks Paris, when he remembers those blue feathers on his table. He still didn't forget how were they tangled in Juliette's soft hair. He kind of wants to touch them.

"I a way yes. But... it's complicated. The only ones that can do magic in Amichemin now are Pythonioses, but they do not live here for a really long time. They are untouchable." Juliette explains patiently. Paris sits next to her and she observes him with the look that makes Paris feel so strange. Special.

" How come?"

"Because when they discovere\d what is happening in Amichemin, they sealed the gate."

Juliette never talks about Amichemin gladly. And Paris knows well that she is doing it only so he won't be in a bad mood. And if he wouldn't be so curious, he wouldn't push his selfish questions on him.

"What is happening in Amichemin?"

Juliette shakes her head though and frowns deeply. And Paris doesn't dare to ask further. She bites her lip, and for once it isn't to stop a smile that wants to tear to the thoughtful surface. Paris would like to know how to do the beings of Amichemin live. How does Juliette live in Amichemin. Does she run across meadows with her hair down? Does she walk through palaces in gowns made from moonlight? Paris wants to know. He wants to discover the secrets of her world and mainly he wants to say that he knows Juliette.

"Tell me something about yourself," Paris says in the silence interrupted by the mountain wind. Her milk eyes carefully watch him. She is nervously rubbing her hands together and moves the strands of her hair from her forehead. Paris remembers how he laughs at the clichés of how a guy gave his date his leather jacket around their shoulders when they were cold. But now he gets why would someone want to surround someone in their smell possessively.