Spring around our corner

Spring was calling us from behind the window. It has been a few weeks now. My wound was slowly recovering, but for some reason, I couldn't bring myself to heal it with magic. I hoped we would stay here forever. In the spring of our lives. With my beautiful lover.

"Bena do you need something from the store?" Paris yells from the kitchen towards Bena's open door. I brush my hair with my fingers and tie my shoes.

"Nah I'm good. Thanks, P." Bena shouted back. I liked how her voice was lighter and her words less tense. I suppose they got a little closer in the end.

"She seems to have warmed up to you."

"Yeah, I guess experiencing something like that got us closer."

Paris didn't like talking about that night. I thought we partly chose to forget it. And somehow we didn't plan anything. And this little recklessness didn't bother me. I liked that we only enjoyed each other without complications in our lives. Of Middway.

Paris closes the door behind us and entangles his fingers with mine. I pull him down just a little.

"Hmm?"

I chuckle, grip his jaw and kiss him on the cheek. The boy laughs deeply and spins me around as if I was a princess on a ball. Paris hugs me from behind and kisses my cheek too.

"This way we'll never get to the store."

I laugh. Suddenly he lifts me in his arms and walks to the elevator.

"What are you doing?" I laugh.

"I am keeping you from distracting me?"

"How am I distracting, Love?" I kiss his cheek teasingly. Paris grumbles something under his breath. I push the button on the elevator door.

"In every way possible, my dreamy girl."

The sweet words that came out of the mouth of this boy... I didn't think that the butterflies she talked about would feel so light and wonderful. I laid my head in the crook of Paris's neck and caressed his cheek with my thumb gently. He was fighting with a smile. Now, that I thought about it, I realised it was weeks that I haven't thought of her. I missed her dearly still. Sometimes when I looked in the mirror I remember how similar eyes we had. But I didn't grieve anymore. I realised, she once loved and I know she would feel the same as me. Feel as if you can die in peace.

"Are you okay?" Paris walks into the elevator and carefully puts me down. I push the button and the door closes smoothly. I still can't get used to that.

I turn to my prince charming and wrap my arms around his neck. The curls cast a shadow on his worried face. I fell in love with how strangely they fall messily over his forehead. I smile.

"Kiss me, please." I stood on my tiptoes.

Paris chuckles at my silliness. He lifts me in the air as if I didn't feel light-hearted already. My hair spills over his shoulder and my lips fall on his. His lips are as warm as the spring behind the windows and his touch as feathery as winter snowflakes. I tangle my fingers into his hair. Our bodies are pressed together as if the universe depended on out closeness. Paris bit my lip and pulled on it lightly. I whined.

"Paris!"

He chuckled and pecked me lightly before he put me down. The door opened just in time when our hands found their way to each other. We touched all the time. Maybe to make sure this was real. And we kissed every second to make sure we were real.

"Can I ask you something?" Paris asked

"Of course... and even if I said no, you would ask."

Paris chuckles. We walk out of the building to the car.

"Why did you decide to touch? That night in Paris?" Paris opens my door, and I get in. I turn to him. He stands in the door with a curious look.

"I knew it wouldn't hurt you, somehow. Not even Fate could separate us. I loved you already. I refused to believe we wouldn't end up together. I didn't want to believe I was the Juliette from the books of Shakespear."

"We aren't the ones from Juliette and Romeo."

"I know, Love"

"Oh, so you know." he teases softly, with a slight smile, that didn't seem to come off.

"I don't remember the times I don't."

...

We put the bags in the trunk together, while Paris teases me with fleeting touches.

"I am the one distracting huh?"

"Well yes. You are so beautiful it distracts me. And also your dress."

I turn to him. I look at the dress Bena lent me. It was a simple white summer dress.

"What about it?"

"It is distracting."

I look around. No one was looking at us. They only minded their businesses. It was a little something that no one cared about what are you doing. In Middway they would watch you like hawks.

"No one is looking, Love."

"Because they aren't yours, my dream girl."

Paris sneaks up behind me and kisses my shoulder.

"I am."

I bite my lip and caress the hand that wraps around my waist. I look up to him.

"I love you."

"I love you more."

"I do more," I whisper under my breath. He chuckles but doesn't correct me. Instead, he puts a bag in front of me.

"What is this?" I ask confusedly.

"A present." I take the bag into my hands and turn around to face Paris.

"You didn't have to, Love. I feel bad enough that you didn't let me help you ." I frown.

"Just open it."

I sigh and lift something heavy from the bag. A book. Named Romeo and Juliette. From William Shakespeare. There were other books from the same author.

Oh, Paris.

"I remember how you told me that you can read in any language because you are from Middway. And you read Hamlet in my apartment all the time. I wanted to give you these books because of your name and everything... I mean, if you don't want it-"

"It's beautiful," I whisper and hug my Paris.

It was... lovely. Yes, that is what it was. The loveliest thing someone has done for me. Paris was the loveliest person of them all after all. Sometimes, I was scared of how quickly I was falling even deeper in love, but then I remember these moments. And then I stop worrying.

.

.

.

:DDDDDD

You. Me. THURSDAY.

Vote, Share, Comment, Dream... argh dammit, just-just enjoy it.

⁓SD