17.

EDITED

It is their third night on the magical roof. They watch the passing cars on the near crossroad together. It almost seems symbolic to Juliette that Paris chose a roof so near to the place where cars choose their path. Because she has decided. And perhaps she has chosen the moment she has gazed into his eyes, but now she knows that she cannot run away from something nice. She wants to enjoy what they have. To have no regrets. And she knows that she would regret that for a very long time. And though she had her plan in motion, it could not hurt to dream during the nights. Especially when it is with him.

It is a few weeks now from their first encounter. It did not seem very long, but the secrets that they share, the fractions of who they are... in those dreams, they are quite free. No one is hunting them down, no one is judging them. It is safe to let yourself be carried away and let your walls down. During the day Juliette is walking through the cities, closer and closer to her destination. Her gaze is on the ground, ignoring the black, shining armours of Tybalt's soldiers that terrify so many. And during the nights she is here. Dreaming. And they are the most beautiful dreams, though they sometimes remind her of something ugly.

"God that's beautiful." Paris breathes out. Juliette is torn out of her thoughts and looks around. On the walls of the penthouse are blooming flowers that Juliette has seen so many times before. They have once grown on the walls of the palace, but not anymore. Not when they have been burnt with flames. They are shining with gold and the colours are so distinctive they light up the darkness of the city night easily. They are growing out of the wall, like an illusion that magicians are showing off in circuses. Juliette's hands are warm. Because of the magic that she has unintentionally freed from her heart.

"Oh. I apologise. It wasn't my intention to ruin your fantasy." she gazes back to Paris. His eyes light up and Juliette sees the petite stars of those flowers. As a necklace of a siren in the middle of the ocean.

"No, no, no. You did not. It's beautiful." he mumbles and looks around once more as if after so many gazes, he cannot get enough of those flowers that Juliette sometimes sees beside the road. Nevertheless, when he eventually looks at her, she is rewarded with utter awe. Because his eyes are always telling some kind of a story. Sometimes about pain and darkness, that Paris does not deserve. But now it is a story of a curious mind searching for adventures in dreams and fantasies. She is capable of giving him anything just to keep the blaze in his beautiful eyes.

"Perhaps it is."

She looks around. The flowers with glitters looking like it are fairies shines like the sun in the darkness of stars of Paris's town. It is so strange to see such beauty. When her world is full of vibrant colours with quite common flowers and night buzz of Paris's world with colours paler than the magical ones emerge into one another, it makes both of their breaths hitch. Maybe they both imagined a world that the other one would fall in love with. Bitterly knowing, they will never have such luck to be in love with their own.

"You didn't even notice that you were doing it." Pari s shakes his head in awe.

"I was deep in thought," says Juliette, embarrassed, but Paris only smiles with that pretty smile of hers that lights up their little darkness. He sits closer to her. Juliette sees the golden glow on his cheek, how it is shaded with shadows and it is beautiful. He smells just as the time they had laughed so close to each other, she breathed in the scent of his shirt and his curls tickled her cheek. And now she realises they are just as close. And she did not mind. Not even a little bit.

"What were you thinking about?" he presses gently and as if he had caressed her arm, Juliette breaths in. She didn't avert her gaze, however. How could she, when his eyes are so beautiful. As deep as a well, she would not mind drowning in them.

"How lighter these dreams make me feel. How much they help me see the beauty I would never see without you. And how much peace they give. Everything I had until now, were only nightmares." says the girl heavily. They were horrible. So many painful memories, so many of her fears. The dance hall. Juliette remembers how she stood behind the door with pearls from the most distant depths of Frae between her fingers. And how the shards of the shattered jewel ruptured her skin on her fingertips when she heard those petrifying words. She dreamt about the night she was caught almost every night. Especially about how she was gasping, tearing up when she felt his hand on her throat. Her nights were always bloodied. As a perverted hallucination, the guilt always haunted her. It shadowed those trees that seemed to reach the sky where Fate was looking down on them cruelly. Those trees definingly chanted with wind and drove her mad.

"Yeah, I saw them," says Paris quietly. Juliette wonders if Paris never asked what they were about because he didn't want to know or because he knew that she won't answer. So much pity and pain reflected in those eyes of his. But for once, the girl found herself in the darkness. Clearer than the moons in the sky. Because he was sorry for her. And she never saw something sweeter and yet painful. She did not want him to suffer for her.

"I apologize." Juliette breathes. Paris lifts his hand to her cheek. Juliette does not flinch. The warmth of his fingers near her cheek the touch on the strands of hair that wandered to her face and most importantly his beating heart. It whispers so many nice things to her. And yet his hand falls back. Though the girl did not flinch. Though at that moment she thought that she would let him touch her. Not from faith in the earthly boy but from quite selfish reasons that yet waited behind the curtains.

"No. I'm sorry," whispers Paris back. So much can happen in a matter of days. It cannot be helped. Juliette got to know Paris. Him and only a fraction of his beauties. But they are not only days. They are fractions of lifetimes that revealed so much about the souls in pain. The only thing Juliette must do is to listen to the song of his soul to know that the pain is the most beautiful anyways. So much can change when you spend your dreams with someone who truly understands you. Because now the girl realises that she would protect him. She would take her dreams back only to give him mercy. And however terrifying it is, her heart is light. Because she never thought she would do that for anyone. However, Paris is not just anyone. He is the boy with ink eyes and a soul that is so easy to fall for.

She smiles. And the warmth she feels in his presence now caresses her. She smiles all the time lately. And the fact brings her so much happiness no smiles can be enough.

"It's so easy for you. Imagine something. Why?" Paris changes the subject and Juliette's smile widens with gratefulness. She realised soon; Paris will never get mad when she will not hurt her as she had originally thought. His questions are important to him, yet not enough to hurt her in ways so many have already. It makes her feel somehow strange.

"Maybe it is because I wanted to dream about something beautiful my whole life. Wished for something beautiful my whole life," she whispers as if she is sharing a secret with him. She did not like away, wishing, that the curious yet foolish boy will realise that she does not care about the tall skyscrapers with windows fill with gold. Wishing that Paris will realise that she has not looked at the stars once, because she was too caught up in him.

"I guess, we don't have to imagine anymore." Juliette bites her lip. She truly smiles too much. Her cheeks hurt and strangely her heart also.

"I suppose."

The city lights merge with the flowers and the fresh air merges with clouds that glitter and with the sweet scent. Their fantasies beautifully mix. Maybe it is the strangeness that makes them beautiful. Diversity. Difference. Darkness and light make beautiful shadows. 

♡♡♡

Alright. Not the best chapter yet, but something tells me... that you will quite enjoy the next chapter... on MONDAY.

As always, vote, read, share, kiss... ugh whatever just enjoy the ride.

⁓SD