Adventure

I am aware it is incredibly foolish. Dangerous. Reckless.

But I don't want to think it through. I want to be spontaneous. Frankly, It's his fault. This man drives me mad with his smiles, countless questions, and lovely words.

I want to give Paris the adventure he deserves.

I owe him. I am indebted to him for these beautiful nights, moments of happiness.

"I think we can't let go of each other so please, stay by side," I ask him to, and Paris nods with a warm smile that makes my soul melt a bit.

By the advice of Nanny, I lead Paris through the dense forest. Our feet never touch the ground, but we still step carefully and slowly.

His eyes curiously wander away to the sky black as death, tall trees that hover above us as giants, and the leaves that crunch in the midnight breeze.

I wonder what it is like for him to see all this. How his mind has to consume everything in such a different world, but Paris is mute. His mouth is slightly agape when he lets me lead him between the trees.

I can feel such closure I have never experienced before. Paris's hand is warm and his grip reassuring. Soothing me as if it is a cloud caressing my cheeks.

"Do you remember how we dreamt about a dancing hall?" I say after a while. Few steps after we see the hedges that embrace the palace wall. I recognized them from Nanny's description.

"Yeah."

"It is in this palace," I whisper as if someone can hear me.

I am quite sure we won't get killed.

I hope that my presumption that we act as ghosts in this world is right. But as I said. I don't want to think. I am too busy drowning myself in the warmth of Paris's touch. Of the tenderness of our bond.

We stop just before the hidden entrance.

"You said, you haven't been here for a long time. But you are camping just outside."

"I...I am coming back."

"Why? You hate it here."

"They have something I need." I look at the entrance. The secrecy of shadows... the ugly truth they hold. The blood stories they tell, the fear they make children feel. The danger they make me feel.

I bury myself in his eyes again. As I have done a thousand times before.

But this man... Paris isn't like that. His shadows aren't threatening. The demons in his eyes have that familiarity to them. As a pillow from my childhood, they make me want to dream of a mad, wild future.

They are beautiful.

"Will you ever tell me more?" he chuckles and I know what he thinks. Paris thinks of me as if I am mysterious. I know I am bounded. By fear.

I gaze up at him. If his hand is warm then his eyes are blazing with fire.

The tenderness, the care... it feels so intimate to look into someone's eyes and find naked affection.

Paris caresses my cheek. I silence the content sigh that wants to escape my chest. His fingers brush the scar that goes across the corner of my lips.

I took his hands in mine gently. I knew if I let him have that control over me, I will reveal all those stories, secrets... everything if he asked me to.

"No. Not today."

"When?"

"When I'll know you won't talk me out it."