Haunting Past

"Hello, little princess."

It was a sunny noon. I just ate my lunch and my belly was full.

"Good morning! Let's go for an adventure!" I chirp energetically.

"Where do you want to go?"
I smile. He was so nice to me. He said that we are a great family. That all families are like this.

"Everywhere!"I squeel when he lifts me in the air and spins.

"Well, that's where we'll go."

The picture shifts.

Night. My feet hurt from dancing lessons. I sneaked out of my room and wandered to the dancing room. Voices.

"The princess is a sacrifice."

Sacrifice?

No.

They can't kill m-

"Oh, what do we have here?"

Hand on my throat.

Picture switches.

"Juliette! Join us! Come on!"

Loud sounds. Cries of people.

"Merkucio can you stand ?!"

Trees. Blood. Death.

I gasp for air. These dreams ... they are going to kill me one day.

"Hey. Calm down." I looked up into brown eyes. I breathed out shakily and reminded myself that it was only a nightmare. I nodded. It was alright. I was alright.

"Good." said the girl with rudy hair. I touched the tight bandages around my torso. My side was sore and I felt weak. My mouth was dry and the taste on my lips metallic.

"Here," she whispered and handed me a glass of water. I sat up with a difficulty.

"Thank you." I croaked out. The water felt so cool in my throat. I down the glass and the girl takes it.

"It's nothing. Alright?" she laid her hand on my forehead.

"Yes." I breathed out a little confusedly.

"Alright. I want you to put this in your mouth and not move for a while alright? I better go wake up Paris. He wants to see you." she said slowly.

So this was the girl Paris was tallking about. He called her Bena. She was very calm and reserved. The circles under her eyes were deep and dark. Her hair was damp from sweat and she missed a spot on her arm. There was blood on it.

She got up, but I caught her arm before she could walk away.

"Thank you. For everything." she looked at me for a fraction of a lifetime.

"Whatever."She left, her fists clenching.

I put the object in my mouth a little hesitantly. I have never seen such a room. It isn't as big as my rooms in the palace, but not as small as the rooms in the pub I was forced to stay. Its walls were smooth and white. I curiously looked at the pile of books on the table. Behind the window were strangely-looking towers. They looked like glass giants, the morning sun reflecting in their windows. I strained my neck to see better.

"Fate." I gasp in pain when I hit my wound.

"You should be careful."I turn around. Paris stands there. And I am mesmerized. So it was true. We really are in the same world. He is here ...

"Paris." I breathe out. He sits beside my bed. He doesn't look me in the eyes. Not even when he pulls the thing out of my mouth. Paris looks at it. I lean in curiously, finding symbols on the small surface.

"That's good." He breathes out relief. I took it from him and put it next to me. I knew him. The way he looks away, the way he breathes ... I know something is wrong.

I touch his cheek. He flinches as if I burned him. I pull away.This isn't a dream anymore. Maybe he... He takes my hand and leans into my palm.

"I was scared. That I might l-lo ..."

The raw pain in his eyes hits me.

I pull him to me. My tears soon mix with his. His embrace was warm. Not hot. No. It warms me, my heart and my soul. His arms only wrapped around me, so carefully and yet firmly. As if he fears I would slip away. I lean my forehead against him gently.

"I'm not going anywhere." He nods weakly. My thumb circles his cheek.

"I'm not going anywhere." I repeat and he buries his nose in my neck, shuddering ever so slightly.

He lifts his gaze to me, and his forhead tiredly leans against mine. My hair blocks our view of the world and it truly seemed like we were all alone again. his skin under my fingers feels like ecstasy of weeks of waiting and months of wondering. His curls are soft and his gaze of coal eyes even softer.

"Kiss me." I whisper in his ear.

"I don't want to hurt you," he mumbles, his lips so close to mine. His eyes are dark, but I find my peace in that darkness. Our breaths mix. We are so close, but not close enough.

"You are my Paris." I breathe out.

"You could never."

He closes his eyes and kisses me. His lips are soft and I would be content if they never left mine. The soft undemndaing swipes of his tongue. Gentle tugging on my lips. Being against being.

His lips stroke mine and I can never forget the feeling of loving someone. Loving Paris.

"Stay." he breathes out in the kiss. I only nod. It was obvious. It was Fate. It was God. It was us and nothing. It was everything.

After all, love was such a beautiful place to stayed in.

I open my eyes when his touch leaves me. His eyes are sparkling with everything I felt and I knew I just knew, we are beginning on a new adventure.

.
.
.
What do you think of Bena? Because I never make side characters to fill a story. So prepare and beware.

See you on Saturday Mi Amores.

⁓SD