10.

EDITED
When Juliette walked through the door of the rented room. The girl wanted to send a prayer to Fate for the naïve, yet sweet vampire, but she knew Fate was the culprit. Romeo joined her the moment she left the caravan and now was watching their surroundings. Juliette felt lucky to have such a protective and brave filink by her side. There was someone else that made her cowardly heart stronger just a year ago. She missed it nevertheless.

The inn that they were staying at wasn't anything royal. The wood was peeling off the beams and the ceiling was moulding. The bed was too small and the covers were grey and tinted with yellow tint at the corners. The walls were covered with paint that still reeked. Nothing extraordinary in the empty room was not but it was warm and in some sense it was safe. Romeo wasn't thrilled about the place either. Juliette could imagine that Romeo wishes to sleep under the night sky and falling leaves than here. Juliette laid on the bed tiredly. It was not the best, but she would choose this over tying herself to branches high above the ground, so she would not be prey to animals like Xlefseds. Romeo cuddled up to the girl, laying his heavy head on her side, covering her with himself protectively. He closed his eyes and Juliette would follow him. She was however scared that Paris would not be asleep, and the girl does not want to know what would happen if she would dream without him. She was scared that the darkness would absorb her and would not let her go from its claws. Or even worse, that she would have a nightmare that she was so freshly freed from. Juliette remembered how he told her that he has lived her nightmares just as she lived his dreams. It was strange. Paris was such a pessimist, but it was Juliette who was cursed with nightmares. She supposed however that it ruined them both equally. Juliette's intention was never to curse him with her demons, but she knew that if she could, the girl would not take them back. Perhaps she was a hypocrite for thinking that she was better than the beings of Amichemin. She was equally cruel after all.

The girl sighed and listened intently, while she petted Romeo. Filink snored. She had to be careful. Amichemin was filled with enough magic to her tracks to be seen if she did not cover them. Juliette could not stay too long in one place now that she was travelling through crowded cities. She did not want to be caught by the Knights of Light. Only the thought made her shiver. Until then she was in hiding. However, if she wanted to get what she wanted, she needed to go into the lion's den. And though she was hiding behind her brown hair and let her grey eyes on the ground, she remembered those eyes that seemed so similar to hers. She remembered what she owes them. Despite this all, she wanted to forget the king, Juliette wished that he would forget her. All she ever wanted was peace. She wished to run into another world. But she had to do this. She needed to do this. Though she knew that what she was doing was not noble at all. Juliette was doing this because she could not bury her grief as the king buried her friends months ago. It did not seem as if it only were months. The monster named grief stretched out fractions of a lifetime as Juliette did with her friends the sap of trees when they were children. When they didn't know that one of them is a killer and the other one murderer.

Juliette cannot help the tears, while she awaits the night with a dream that will wipe them away.

♡♡♡ 

The boy doesn't know if his eyes are closed or not. The darkness that viciously surrounds him impatiently waits for his next move. Heavy is the blackness. As if his eyes are covered with cloth weaved by the shadows. Paris is scared to move. Afraid of touching something in the darkness. That would be worse than knowing if there ever was something. Paris realises that he would be more scared of a room filled with light than nothingness filled with darkness. The world isn't as wonderful as everyone says.

So, when the ostentatious scenery spread out in front of him and blind him with its suddenness, he breathes in sharply and steps back in surprise.