Chapter 15

Kace
I could barely sleep. I felt so bad. Why did I not pull away instantly after he kissed me? Did I like it? So many things were going through my head. I got up not feeling the best because I barely gotten any sleep. I went downstairs to make me a coffee. It was only around 7:30 am so I didn't expect anyone to be up. But I was wrong Kaitlyn was up. She was the only person up. I knew my little sister was independent but not that independent she had pulled a chair up to where the cabinet and was trying to get a pop tart. I laughed.

"Kay what are you doing?" I said startling her. "I want a pop tart and nobody is up to help me." she said still trying to reach the food. I grabbed it for her and made her some orange juice. I made my coffee as well and we both went back up to my room. She wanted to watch a movie and who was I to deny her to watch a movie with her big brother. As I got the movie prepared she looked at my phone.

"Who is that little baby?" she said looking at the picture of Adan, Mina, and I. "She's my boyfriend's daughter." I said showing her more pictures. She smiled and didn't say anything else. We watched the movie and 30 minutes in Kaleb had came in my room and climbed in bed and started watching it with us. I missed this and I really enjoyed this.

We finished the movie and my parents had peeked in a couple of times. Now I was just talking to my sibling about their lives. Kaitlyn talked about her barbies and school. She really thought she had a boyfriend which is pretty cute. Then I talked to Kaleb and I didn't notice how much he was holding in. He told me how he didn't fit in at school. He either wasn't black enough to be with the black kids or wasn't hispanic enough to be with the hispanics.

And then he told me how he didn't understand most of his school work and that he was tired of school already. He was a freshmen in high school and I completely understood him. I told him when his school went on Christmas break he could come to Orlando with me until Christmas day and then we would both come home. That perked him up and it did help that he had a big crush on Shayla.
____________________________

After my little talk with my siblings. I got up and I got dressed and went to a coffee shop with Shayla and Michael ready to tell them all about what had happened but suddenly I got a call from Adan. He told me he was just calling to check up on me and that he hadn't talk to me all day so he was just calling to check in with me. We talked for about 5 minutes and then we said our goodbyes after I quickly put my phone on the table and started talking to my friends.

"Was I acting a bit weird on the phone with him?" I said sighing. They both nodded and looked confused. "Y'all I made a big mistake last night going on that walk with Noah. He kissed me." I said sounding disappointed in myself. "I didn't pull away as fast as I would have liked myself to. We had talked  the whole time we were walking and I never mentioned Adan. Did I do something wrong?" I asked them.

"Yes." Michael said. "No." Shayla said. They looked at each other annoyed. "I think you did Kay and I am sorry to say it but you did. You were walking with your ex and you just failed to bring up your wonderful boyfriend?" he said cocking his eyebrow. I sighed I really couldn't say anything. "It seems to me that you liked what happened and you sir have screwed up badly." he said pointing at me.

Shayla shook her head "I don't think that at all. I think it just slipped his mind. Sometimes when you are caught up in the moment you just forget things." she said shrugging her shoulders.

I put my head down. "What should I do?" I said. "Tell him." they both said finally agreeing on something. I shook my head. "Let's go. It's Thanksgiving and we are in a coffee shop." I laughed.