XV

FELIX had just gotten ready in his chef attire. He was about to leave his home to head to the castle but he was stopped by his mother, who was standing by the entrance, leaning on the door frame.

"Where do you keep going so early in the morning? You also return very late in the evening. Are you hiding something from me, son?"

Felix gulps. He had been hiding the fact that he was working at the castle from his mother. He feared she would be against it.

"I- uh... have a job," Felix says timidly. His mother raises a brow, "A job? Where? What do you do?"

"I-I'm a chef... at the c-castle."

"What!" His mother shrieked. "How on earth did you get yourself that job?"

"Seungmin helped me."

"Why all of a sudden? I thought you wanted to help out here in the village," His mother asked.

"We need more money, mother," Felix lied. He couldn't tell her about Chan just yet. "A job at the castle would be really beneficial to us."

"I am growing old, it's true," His mother says softly. "I'm happy you're willing to help out for the family since your dad's not here anymore."

"It's my duty, mother. Don't worry about it," Felix smiles walking towards her and engulfing her in a tight hug.

"Now go on," His mother tells him. "Don't be late for work now."

Felix was about to head for the door but he suddenly remembers something he had to ask his mother.

"Oh and mother," Felix turns on his heel. "I-I'll be sleeping over at Jeongin's place tonight. He invited me over. Is that okay?"

Felix lies once again, because, in reality, he was just going to stay over with the prince, to fulfil the little promise they made.

"Uh, sure alright," His mother replies. "Just don't bother Mrs Yang, alright?"

"Of course, I'll see you tomorrow," Felix says and finally heads out the door, now making his way to the castle.

...

FELIX softly knocked on the prince's door. A small 'who is it?' is heard from inside. It sounded as though prince Chan was annoyed.

"It's me, Felix."

Felix could hear the sound of shuffling footsteps and within seconds, Chan's door is wide open and the prince stands there with a smile.

"Hello, sunshine," Chan pulls Felix into his room and locks the door behind him. "I missed you."

"I missed you too," Felix smiles. "Were you busy? You didn't visit me in the kitchen today."

"Yes, I talked with my parents today," Chan smile fades.

"Why the sad face, my love?" Felix caresses Chan's cheek while the other hand brushed the blonde locks out of his face.