III

MINHO awoke to the sound of thunder. He heard the rumbling noises and saw flashes of lightning outside his window, which made him tremble. The adopted prince slowly got off his bed and made his way to his step-brother's room. Before leaving, he checked on his cats, to find them sleeping through all the chaos.

Minho walked through the hallways, making sure he doesn't create any noise. When he spots Chan's room at the end of the hallway, he makes a run for it. He knocks on the door softly, hoping his brother was awake. Although it was least likely because it was around four in the morning.

A smile grows on the prince's face when he hears Chan's little "come in." Minho slowly opens the door and walks into the room, closing the door behind him. He watches Chan create some space on his bed, presumably for himself. Minho's smile widens as he realizes Chan already knew what he was here for.

"Get in bed now, you need to get some sleep, little brother," Chan says as he pats the free space on the bed next to him. Minho simply nods as he walks over to the bed and settles himself next to Chan comfortably. The older male pulls the covers over both of them and he lays down, pulling the latter against his chest.

"You're twenty-two Minho, how much longer are you going to be afraid like this? I won't be there to hold you every night there's a storm. What will you do then?" Chan whispers into the younger's ears.

"I'll just have to replace you with someone else."

Chan raises a brow, not believing any of the latter's words, "Oh really?"

"Yes."

"And how are you going to do that? You don't talk to anyone but me, and your cats, of course. You don't have any friends either," Chan says which makes his brother sigh in response. Minho hugs his brother tighter as he nuzzles his face into Chan's chest, avoiding his brother's question as, he himself, didn't know how to answer him.

"You know," Chan continues. "Jisung often tries to make conversations with you. Why don't you try and make friends with him?"

Minho chuckles, "Prince Han? No thanks, he's quite bothersome."

Chan laughs heartily and ruffles his brother's hair, "You're exaggerating! He's nice when he needs to be. Try talking to him, he'll keep you quite entertained. He'll be here tomorrow morning with Hyunjin for a banquet, I'll be happy if you talk to Jisung."

"Okay, fine. Only because you're requesting me to," Minho sighs in defeat, "But I'll leave if he becomes too bothersome."

"Sure," Chan says as he pats his brother's back comfortingly. "Now go to sleep, little brother. We have a big day tomorrow. "

"Hmm," Minho hums as he closes his eyes and lets sleep take over him. Chan smiles at his brother before, he himself, drifts off into slumber.

...

JEONGIN couldn't wait to hear about what happened at the ball. It had been an hour since Felix arrived and the younger male had been bugging the commoner to talk about the masquerade ball. Felix avoids Jeongin's bothering and makes himself busy in the kitchen, as he prepares supper for both their families. Jeongin walks into the kitchen, not giving up on getting the gossip he needed.

"Hyung.... tell me what happened!"

"How many times do I tell you Innie? Nothing really happened at the ball," Felix sighs, tired of Jeongin's nagging. "Ok, but did you see the prince?"

Felix smiles at the mention of the person, moments from the evening flashing across his mind. Jeongin, being his witty self, catches on to the little smile on his hyung's face. Not drawing straight to conclusions, the younger male decides to wait for a proper answer from Felix.

"Why the smile? The prince got something to do with it?" Jeongin asks, smirking at the older, who just scoffs at him. "What if he does?" Felix counter-attacks. Jeongin gasps in surprise. 'What happened between his hyung and the prince?', the younger male wondered.

"Did he talk to you or something?" Jeongin asks which makes Felix huff in annoyance. "Yes, we talked. We talked quite a lot, in fact. Are you satisfied now?"

A large smile formed on Jeongin's lips as those words leave Felix's mouth. The younger male is overjoyed. "Really hyung? You spoke to prince Chan?"

"Yes, love. I did," Felix replies as he continues to get back to making supper. Jeongin, eager to know more about the prince, takes a seat on the counter next to the older and watches him cook diligently. "What is he like, hyung? Tell me about him."

"Well, he has kind eyes, a pretty smile, fair skin. He's quite nervous with strangers but I find that really adorable. But, he really loves his people and he cares deeply about the welfare of his kingdom. I could make out only this much from our first meeting so I don't think I have much to tell you, Innie."

"This is enough. He sounds amazing. When you meet him again, will you take me along with you?" Jeongin asks, shyly. Felix giggles at the younger's cuteness and ruffles his hair, "You are going to have to ask Seungmin for that!"

The younger pouts, "But Seungmin hyung is a meanie! He would never let me near the castle."

"Don't worry, you'll meet the prince someday. Just have patience," Felix says as he cradles the soup, bringing a spoonful of it to Jeongin's mouth, "Now taste this and tell me if you like it."

The latter gulps down the soup in an instant and widens his eyes in surprise, "I knew you were a decent cook, but I didn't know you were this great! The soup is amazing!"

Felix laughs heartily, before playfully bowing to Jeongin, "Thank you for the compliment, good sir," he says. "Now help me set the table for supper while I go inform everyone that the food's ready."

"Aye, aye, captain!"

┈─────── ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

[A/N]

I have a soft spot for minchan so I made them cuddle in this chapter.

I also wanted to clear a few things in the story.

Minho was adopted as a child when his mother died, his dad however, was the king (chan's dad). He was a child of an affair.

There are four kingdoms on a whole:
-The Bang Kingdom (Chan).
-The Han Kingdom (Jisung).
-The Hwang Kingdom (Hyunjin).
-The Seo Kingdom (Changbin).

Well that's all you need to keep in mind.

Don't forget to vote and comment!