23. Oscars night

Hello, everyone! 

This was a request made by Love-Bradga.

I hope you enjoy it!

***

The way she stared at me made me embarrassed at the end of our performance on Oscars night

The way she stared at me made me embarrassed at the end of our performance on Oscars night. Not that I didn't like it, but I didn't want people to notice something was going on. I left the stage, feeling a little dizzy, and went back to my seat after congratulating her.

Irina stared at me with the corner of her eyes. She was aware our relationship was in the end. She was there with me because we were pretending everything was fine.

At the end of the ceremony, Irina went home alone and stayed for the party. I wasn't in the mood for a party, but it would not be a great idea to leave after the performance.

I asked for a bottle of water at the bar, and the barman promptly served me. I poured some of it in a glass and looked around.

And Stefani was there. She was dancing, like there was no tomorrow, drinking champagne from the bottle. Stefani stared at me and smirked, making a sign with her head, clearly telling me to approach her. I looked around as I sipped the water, deciding if I should talk to her. Nothing ever happened between us until that moment, but everyone assumed something was going on. I didn't want to give them reasons to think that. I approached her, though. It would be even weirder if I didn't.

"Yay!" she yelled as she hugged me tightly. I only smiled, finding the situation funny and a little awkward. "Why are you alone here?"

"Irina wasn't feeling great. Headache."

"I get it," she looked around like she was making sure no one was observing us. But they were. I could feel the glances. "Look... I need to pee," she smiled and did it too. "Wait for me here," she said that weirdly. She walked away from me but didn't go in the right direction.

Stefani stood in front of a door, that I had no idea where it would lead, and made another sign with her head, telling me to follow her.

Stefani stood in front of a door that I had no idea where it would lead and made another sign with her head, telling me to follow her.

"What is this place?" I asked when I got there, standing at the door and looking at the crowd behind me.

"I have no idea," she chuckled as I got inside. It looked like an office, with some nice furniture and a couch. "Lock the door," Stefani said as she walked towards the couch, sitting at it. I did what she asked. "Come here."

I walked and sat next to her. She was staring at the sky through the window, and it looked beautiful that night.

She took a deep breath and finally glanced at me. She smiled and hugged me; I hugged her back.