Chapter 3

It was already seven o'clock when I woke up, and I understood it was time for dinner. As a result, I expected my father, Ryan Traipipattanapong, to arrive home at this time. My father is the one thing I adore about my house.

I took a shower after realising my rage had subsided and joined them at the dining table as three pairs of eyes peered at me: my parents and Anna. As usual, my mother was setting the table with plates and dishes, and I sat meekly beside my father, relishing the peace before the storm. I know that when she's finished, this supper will be a mess since she's very silent when she's angry.

"Okay!" She then shattered the ice.

My mother was not an issue for me. In fact, I admired how hard she worked and how dedicated she was to her job as a nurse. However, it also meant that my mother, Prae Traipipattanapong, was very harsh, disciplined, and strictly adhered to the conventions of 'right attitude' and'respect'. So I knew it was terrible news whenever she opened a conversation with the word 'Okay.'

"For years, this family has taken pride in principles and dignity, and we cannot pretend that everything is normal after what happened this evening." She stated.

The truth is that I am sorry for what I did. I should never have threatened my little sister, but I despised it when my mother brought up such topics at the dinner table.

"Ryan " She called my father. Despite being the Superintendent of the NewTroney Police Department, he couldn't avoid that gunshot. Because, like all males, he admired and feared my mother. "I'd like you to say something to our children," she instructed.

"Sure...just tell me what's up today?" He inquired, his gaze fixed on my mother. I found them amusing at times, yet irritating at others.

"The comments they exchanged were not only nasty and disgusting, but they were morally bankrupt, and the fact that Gulf nearly hit Anna.... I'm not going to forget it," my mother remarked.

"What? Was that actually what happened?" Dad raised his voice in surprise and cast a gaze towards us.

"It's really not my fault this time," I defended.

"You were the one who yanked on my collar," Anna snapped.

"That's because you trashed my folder"

"Shouldn't your astute mind consider at least double-checking it before use?"

"Are you saying it's all my fault?"

"Enough!" My father yelled. "Both of you!"

And suddenly there was silence.

We all revered and feared our father until he began delivering his long-rehearsed speech. "I don't care who is right or wrong, but for Pete's sake, stop bickering!" He went on..

"You know, when we were kids, your grandparents didn't have enough money to take care of us, so your uncle Max and I used to..."

"Oh, no, not again, Dad." Anna interrupted and walked away from the table. I didn't blame her this time because it was a story my father used to tell us whenever he wanted to emphasise how fortunate we were to have been reared in such decent homes.

"Take a look at that! In this manner ". Looking at me, my father showed his disbelief.

"I told you... She's the problem," I replied as I finished my food.

My mother gave me a short look before taking her dishes and hurrying into the restroom, clearly expressing her displeasure. To be honest, she sometimes makes me feel like I'm a terrible child.

"Gulf," Dad quietly murmured my name. I only love my pet name when my father calls since it is soothing.

"Anna is only fourteen years old. You've reached adulthood. Why act in the same way as she does?" He asked, his gaze fixed on me, and I didn't have the heart to fight with him. "You know she adores you and wishes to be respected by you. It's simply that you never gave her the opportunity to look up at you. Do you consider yourself a decent brother?"