1

His eyes told a different story

It was as if the life had been stripped out it

The aura around him was thick and dark, his words carried that same unsettling tone whenever he spoke.

He had left without any explanation and now he stood before me in my own home. Expecting some kind of welcome.

It wasn't like he owed me one as he never includes me in his plans but a simple 'bye' would have sufficed.

My eyes glazed over him "you look like you've been through hell" I switched a lamp on illuminating his silhouette. He stood at the doorway, the rain pounding away behind him.

He shut the door, taking his boots off. Me acknowledging him was his way of knowing he could come in.

The floorboards creaked as he walked over to me sitting on the 3 seater couch.

"(YN)" he mumbled

I sat up properly "did something bad- happen?" I could see his brain ticking away.

"No" he breathed out, his eyes were blank and his lips held a crooked smile.

My stomach turned, this is definitely not the Eren I knew from childhood. I had noticed his demeanor change over the years but the version that sat next to me right now was...frightening.

"I still have some spare clothes from the l-last time you stayed over" his hair was soaking wet, I got up not wanting that conversation to continue. I traveled up the stairs and picked out the neatly folded clothes I put in my dresser.

He watched me as I walked back into the room "Eren, don't look at me like I'm your prey"

"Sorry, I was lost in thought" he took the clothes from me going into the other room.

I glanced at the door 'why does he think he can show up at my house in the middle of the night and it'll be okay?!' This wasn't the first time and it definitely wouldn't be the last. He came back out with his hair tied back and the clean shirt in his hands. My face flushed seeing his toned body but I didn't avert my gaze from his eyes, I felt like he was doing this on purpose.

I admired his figure for a split second before it was covered by the shirt.

"Are you hungry?" I asked "I'm fine, just need rest" he laid down on the couch. "Eren aren't you supposed to be with others, why is here your first destination?"

"My first thought as I came back was you"

"Me?" My eyes widened

"I thought I made it clear last time I was here"

"Er-..." my gaze drifted towards the floor, my heart pulled remembering what happened. I tried very hard to push it to the back of my mind not wanting to deal with it and what it came with.

"Have you forgotten?" He opened an eye.

"... Good night Eren" I didn't want to deal with this right now.

I made my way upstairs, plopping down on the sheets "idiot" I hid my face under the pillow, my cheeks a fiery crimson.

Only he could make me feel like this.

The morning rolled around and the rays hit the glass of the window. I stretched, letting out a tired yawn, I should have scolded Eren for disturbing my nap downstairs.

While brushing my teeth I heard the door open downstairs "where does he think he's going he hasn't even eaten yet" I spoke to myself. Washing out my mouth.

I stormed downstairs only to see my other two friends Armin and Mikasa.

"Sorry, the door wasn't locked" The blonde spoke in an apologetic tone. "It's fine Eren-" I looked to the now-empty couch. "He's gone" I shrugged. This wasn't unusual to me. "We figured he came here last night but I guess we were too late" Armin gave a warm smile but Mikasa didn't seem as welcoming and so I dodged her gaze.

"Why aren't you worried?" She finally spoke

"About?" I questioned

"Eren" she touched the red scarf

"Uhh well...I guess I know he'll be fine" I walked into the kitchen and they followed behind me. I knew Eren was the center of our group and an important person in their lives especially Mikasa. Her feelings towards him were quite obvious and I'm sure Eren knows.

I was jealous of the relationship the three of them had, I always felt like a 'fourth' wheel.

After they joined the scouts they became even closer while I watched from the outside. They had so many stories to tell me when they visited and I faked smiled for a long time. I felt out of touch and still do however I no longer envy them. With the amount of trauma they've been through, I'm glad they still have each other and I'll be that fourth person to support them whenever.

"This is Eren's clothes" Mikasa picked up the folded garments I gave to him off the wooden table.

"Yeah, he was drenched so I gave him the pair he-"I cut my sentence short noticing her expression.

Her grip on the clothes tighten "don't get the wrong idea" I held my hands up in defense "nothing happened"

She put the clothes down, Armin stepped in "we should head back" he gulped

At the door Armin stopped, staring at me for a moment "nothing I promise" I mouthed at him.

"Come visit soon everyone's been asking about you"

"Sure" nodding

When the house was silent again, I opened the fridge, looking forward to the sandwich I made, only to find out it was gone.

"EREN!" I screamed