16

Eren

The absence of your body troubled him. He rubbed his eyes as he sat up in the bed. "(YN)!" He called for you in a panic.
"I'm here" the bathroom door opened, you walked out with a towel wrapped around you.
"Good" your scent calming him. He laid his head on your lap when you sat down. His childlike actions made you chuckle. You applied your body cream as he hugged your stomach.

"(YN) is it okay... if I ask who gave you those scars?" The thought bugged him.
"A man who thought I would be an easy target since I lived alone" you shrugged. You had already somewhat healed from that trauma.
"Did he" Eren's voice went quiet hugging you tighter.
"No, my neighbour got rid of the man- I think he's somewhere six feet under" you mentally thanked your neighbour again, he was a close friend of your father.

"Sorry-"
"It's in the past Eren, you don't need to apologise" running your fingers through his hair. The motion relaxed him.
"Go clean up I'll make you something to eat"
You watched him walk over to the bathroom admiring his cute butt. 

......

After getting dressed I went downstairs. My footsteps came to a stop seeing a man sitting on the couch.
"Aksel-"
"Ah afternoon" he closed the small book in his hand.
"A little late to just be waking up isn't it? But I guess after your activities last night that's to be expected" he walked closer.
I peered back upstairs, Eren was just a few feet away. My lips parted "E-" "No look at me"
He was now right in front of me, blade to my stomach.

"This won't take long" he pulled on my arm, taking me to the couch. "I wanted to say well done on following directions" he held no emotion on his face. "I've gotten some information recently and so I can't act on my plans yet. It could take months so sit tight, you'll understand once Eren explains what he and your friends are up to"

"You'll wait months to get revenge on Eren but he's right upstairs?" I pointed to ceiling.
"I suppose you're right his guard is down, this would be the best time...but what's the fun in that?" his cyan eyes  sparkled at the thought.  Aksel got up opening his book again "if you had chosen me over him, I would have left him alone...we could have traveled the world together, there's so much out there (YN) yet you wish to stay here- in these walls. I don't get you at all (YN)." He closed the front door behind him. 

'The world?'

'What if I did choose Aksel?'

'Should I have?'

'Then he won't bother Eren right?'

'Yes!'

"Snap out of it!" I slapped both cheeks.

'But...'

"Omelette, Eren likes them" trying to distract my thoughts. I searched through my fridge and gathered everything I needed.

There was a knock at the door, I could hear Eren coming down the steps "I got it!" He calls.

The doors lock clicks
My ears perked up

"Eren"

I exhaled at the sound of Armin's voice. Although I heard more than two people walking. I turned to my right seeing Armin and Mikasa walk in through the archway.
"Afternoon (YN)" they greeted. Eren held Armin back speaking about something.

Mikasa stood next to me "(YN) I know that glow" she whispered
"Glow?"
"You know that 'good dick' glow"
"Ehh?!" This was so out of her character. The tips of my ear stung in embarrassment.
"Who did you hear that from Jean??" There was no way she came up with it herself.
"Actuall-"
"Ehhh??!" I almost dropped the egg.

"When did this happen?!" I continued making the omelette.
"After we drank wine and then again later that night" Mikasa's cheeks were rosy red.
"Twice?!" I plated Eren's food.
"It was better than I expected, esp-"
"Please don't say anymore, or else I'll never look at him the same!" I cried
"So you and Eren"
"Y-Yeah" the atmosphere was slightly awkward now.

"I'm happy for the both of you" she hugged me. "(YN) I'm happy that I met you" she let go
"Mikasa?..."
"(YN)" Armin looked like he wanted to cry. He hugged me so tightly.
"Why is everyone sad?" They didn't answer.

"Bye (YN)"
"Mikasa?, Armin?" I watched them walk out.

"Eren?" I turned my attention to him, he didn't look at me.  "What's going on?" I stood in front of him.
"I have to go (YN) Captain Levi is waiting"
"Go? Tell me what's going on?" my hand caught his. "Please Eren" is this what Aksel was talking about?

"..." his hair hiding his face
"You're going away again aren't you?" I released my hand from his.
"(YN)-" he held me and I pushed him away
"You weren't going to tell me...typical" all those hurt feelings came tumbling back "Even though you know what that did to us last time!" I poked at his chest. "Do you want me to hate you Eren? Is that it?" I tried holding back tears, I was tired of crying.

"I-I wasn't going to tell you- even though Armin kept telling me I should. Just like the first time I left, because it was hard for me- to see you and then say I might not come back (YN), the same goes for now. Maybe I was hoping you would hate me so I didn't hold you back, waiting for me to come home"

"I told you before Eren I could never hate you. Last night you asked me to never leave you, yet you're leaving me...and I'm listening to you speak and there's no hope in your voice. Do you not want to live?" I grabbed his shirt "You want to die? And then what about me Eren?"

"..."
"You can't even answer me? After everything I chose you Eren-" I stopped myself quickly
"You chose me?!" he grabbed my arm  "Over who? Aksel?!"

Now it was me who was lost for words

"Fuck! (YN) are you also in love with him?!"
"Of course I'm not! Are you really going to question that after I gave myself to you last night! He...he said things about a better life that's all"

Eren composed himself "(YN) everything I do is to keep you safe. It's not that I want to die, I just know the consequences... I keep you in the dark about a lot of things that go on because I don't want you to try and stop me. I want to give you the world but I know I can't. If I was there in that moment with you I would have told you to choose him-"
"Eren?!"
"Look at us (YN)" he rubbed a strand of my hair between his fingers. "you called for me that night, I heard you in my head, the sadness in your voice. And I came running here scared that you were hurt. Being with me (YN) you'll always be in danger"

"What if...we run away" I caressed the side of his face, he brushed the tears off my cheek. "To where (YN)?"
"Anywhere"
"The whole world hates me (YN) there's nowhere I can go. I wish we could" his own tears staining my skin as we kissed.

"How long will you be gone?"
"I don't know"
"I'll be waiting right here when you come back" I didn't want to let him go. "When do you leave?"
"Today"
"No! you can't"
"We should have 9 days till we leave but Armin told me it's best for us to depart today" his tender lips touched mine.

"We're departing at night so I'll try and see you just before" he smiled

"If not- goodbye (YN)"

A/N: ❤️

I was lowkey nervous to post this chapter idk why tho 😂😭