19

"Sorry... for leaving you all alone, Eren"

'Huh?' Eren blinked a few times he could hear a voice very faintly.

"Eren?" the scout waving a hand in-front of him.  "We can occupany you to get (YN)" she spoke

"No, you and the others find Armin and Mikasa." Eren replied.

....

"Marley's in ruin? Does that mean?!...Eren-"
"Yes the love of your life, the man who's responsible for thousands of people dying is here" Aksel scratched his head. "My soldiers should be taking him here right now" he looked at his watch.
"Issac where are you?" He talked to himself.

Aksel walked over to the stairs getting restless. The third chair in the room which I assumed was for Eren seemed odd? One of the legs looked like it was detached from the chair and put back just enough that the chair was balanced. The string of wire at the leg base struck me, as it wasn't attached to anything I could see because it went below the floor boards.

'What was beneath the floor?!'

Aksel's footsteps stopped midway up the stairs.
"You've arrived" Aksel walked backward down the steps.

Eren came into view "Eren" just the sight of him put me at ease. His hair was longer and his beard had grown fuller. Although his eyes looked tired. What ever happened overseas drained the life out of them.

The blood on his hands didn't go unnoticed.
"Don't worry (YN) its not mine" his eyes darted my way.
"You killed them" Aksel reached for the gun in his belt.
"I wouldn't if I were you" Eren put his hand to his mouth. Aksel pulled the gun anyway "turn into a Titan and we all go straight to hell" he tapped his foot "underneath the floors are bombs and I'm sure you know what would happen next" Aksel now pointed the gun at me.

"You won't shoot her" Eren stood unfazed "the only way you would kill (YN) is if you died with her. That's why you designed this room this way"
Aksel focused on me ignoring Eren.
"No matter how much you tell yourself you're over her you're not. You're in love with her, even now I can see it and I understand it. I too I'm in love with (YN)" Eren shot you a loving gaze.

"You understand me?! She's pregnant with your child!" He shifted the gun towards Eren "that should have been us not you! I've moved past that now...she's dead to me"

"So why didn't you kill her? Why hesitate? I was gone for four months... that was your goal right? Kill (YN) to get back at me right? So why-"

"Because!"
"Because what Aksel?" Eren's voice monotone.
"I-I" Aksel breathed harder, sweat dripped down his skin.
Eren walked over to me
"You're right... we both have to die that's the only way" Aksel dropped the gun.

"EREN! DO NOT LET HIM GET NEAR THAT CHAIR!" I screamed.

Aksel bolted for it. Eren intercepted knocking him the floor. "How about we continue where we left off last time" Eren punched him.
Aksel swung back spitting out blood. "Fine by me"

I watched the floor creak and vibrate from them fighting. Holding my breath seeing the chair move slightly. 'Are those two crazy?!'

Eren held Aksel down by his neck "Reiner mentioned you. Don't expect me to apologise for what happened to your family. I did what I had to, to protect my own" Eren's grip tightened and Aksel fought back harder, tears forming around his eyes.

Those watery eyes looked over at me, he mouthed something before they closed.

Eren released him.

He straightened his back wiping the blood off his face.
"(YN)" he goes over to where Aksel threw the glass picking up a broken piece. "Let's go home"

He cut through the rope. I realised that Aksel was bluffing.

I rubbed my bruised wrist, but my eyes wouldn't leave Aksel. "He's gone now" Eren blocked my view.

"I've missed you so much" I embraced him.
"I've missed you and-" he placed a hand on my stomach. "You too"
I pulled on his shirt "Now that we have a baby on the way-" I kissed him  "we can leave and start fresh"
Eren held the side of my face "I can build our house or at least try" he chuckled
"That would be nice" it felt good to have him next to me. He planted his lips against mine, licking my bottom lip wanting a deeper kiss. I ran my hand through his hair enjoying his tongue against mine.

"MY NAME IS ISSAC MEYER AND I SHALL SERVE MARLEY AND MAKE HER PROUD!"

The gun cocked back.
The man stood battered and bruised. 

"JUSTICE FOR THE CRIMES OF EREN YEAGER"

*BANG!*

A/N: 🤍