20

What was it that you saw in him that made you love him?
Open your heart to him.
A monster like him.

2 bodies laid on the floor.
A bullet to the head in one and a bullet to the chest in the other.

Eren's body was heavy, his legs like cement and clothes wet and stained with your blood.

"Issac?" the man he was sure he beat to death not too long ago shot a bullet at you.

Eren was careless and now it cost him.

In Eren's hand was Aksel's gun, he looked down at Issac's dead body, a black hole in his forehead where Eren shot him.

The gun hit the floor.
It was finally over

The pool of blood where you lay reached his boots. He picked you up, your eyes glazed over.
"A hou-se by a l-lake, small and quiet jus-t the two of us and the baby" his voice was cracking. He carried you out of the house, talking to you the whole way trying to keep you conscious. Your lips moved but your voice didn't reach him.

"We can go fishing and teach him- or her all the different types and we can have a garden- and, and anything you want just please don't leave me (YN)" Eren's tears hit your face.

"You're all I have left"

He watched the nurses and doctors surround your body.

This wasn't supposed to happen

Eren blamed himself again.
You would have been better off never meeting him.

His heart ached.
The nurses ushered him out of the room.
"Eren!"
"Eren!"
The voices of Armin and Mikasa called to him. His eyes met them but he didn't see them. Everything was a blur.
They cried for you.

Eren dropped to his knees, the adrenaline leaving his body and the fatigue caught up with him.

It went black for a moment. Now it was Eren and his thoughts. Was this the punishment for all the lives he's taken?
Then he thought about the baby, he couldn't describe how he felt when he saw your stomach, a mix of joy and the fear of him being a father.

He didn't want to pass down any of his bad qualities to the child. But he wanted to experience what it was like to be a father, even if it was for a short time. 

Would they take after him or you?
He hoped you.

'A girl' he was positive it was.
"Emma"
'(YN)?'  Did you just say that to him?

He wanted to enjoy the time he had left with you
You were his wife after all.

"Sir"
Eren blinked, he was laying on a hospital bed. He sat up seeing you on the one next to him.
Mikasa, Armin, Levi, Connie, Hange, and Jean stood by your bed.
"You are Miss (YN)'s fiancé correct?" The doctor fixed his glasses.
"Y-Yes"

"First I can confirm she's still alive-" the doctor raised his hand to Eren's chest preventing him from getting up. "However, she goes in and out of consciousness . We have stabilised her breathing as there's damage to one of her lungs from the bullet-" 

"But she'll be able to breathe on her own eventually?" Eren began to panic
"Hopefully-"
"Hopefully?!" Eren grabbed him

"Eren!" Levi warned
Eren ignored him

"L-Listen Mr. Yeager, she's carrying a growing child who is thankfully unharmed, she needs the support of the oxygen. The problem is she's lost a lot of blood and when it's time for her to give birth there is a very high risk she will not make it"
Eren threw the doctor to the floor
"Promise me, her and the baby will make it!" Eren raised his fist but he was met with a kick to the face

Eren's back hit the empty bed pushing it over.
"We know your hurting but do not put your hands on the doctor who brought (YN) back to us! While you were blacked out, (YN) wasn't breathing she was hanging on by a thread!" Levi was face level with Eren. "Keep acting a fool and I'll kick you down every time."

Eren wiped his mouth, the frazzled doctor continued speaking from across the room.

"Mr. Yeager I can't promise you that. (YN) is in a fragile state, anything can happen we can only wish for the best"

Eren went over to you, placing his hand above yours it's was cold, and the ring on your finger was tainted with dried blood.
"There's something else" the doctor stepped forward and looked at the notes in his hand. "The nurses were confused by this but one of them heard her say 'Emma?' I'm not sure if this means anything to you?"

Eren's eyes were closed, a tiny smile forms on his lips before he cried again. "It means a lot"
"We can also confirm the gender of the baby wo-"
"No, she's told me already"

After checking a few things the doctor left.

"Eren I think you should get some rest" Mikasa spoke and Jean stood behind her.
"You need to eat aswell" Jean chimed in reaching a hand out.

"Don't touch me" Eren spat
"We're worried about you, don't act like a dick" Connie folded his arms
Eren didn't even lift his head to look at them "leave me alone"
"Eren-" Mikasa called
"Leave!"
"Don't raise your voice at her" Jean separated Mikasa from Eren.
"Or what?" Eren stepped to him.

The air became tense.
"Let me talk to him, everyone else come back tomorrow" Armin tried to control the situation. Jean backed down leaving with Mikasa everyone followed behind them.

Once alone Armin hugged Eren.
"We all want (YN) to get through this. But don't push us away Eren..."
"Sorry"
"You can always talk to me if things become too much" Armin held onto him "I'll walk with you back, you want to go back to (YN)'s house?"
"Yeah" Even though Eren didn't want to leave your side.
What if he woke up tomorrow and you were dead? He wanted to spend every minute with you, waiting for you to wake up.

But he knew he needed to have faith in you.

"I'll be right back (YN)"

A/N: in case there's any confusion issac is the guy that Eren beats up in chapter 18. However Eren doesn't kill him that's why he manages to show up at aksel's house.

Thanks for reading 🤍