Chapter 5

Ok. Long chapter ahead so please read it till the end with patience. I hope you guys will like it.

Please vote and comment, they encourage me to write.

——————————————————————

Cedric drove slowly down the street bordering similar, beautiful houses standing one after the other like neatly stocked items at a supermarket. He drove according to the instructions his GPS gave him for the address that Coach Cameron texted him, but it was a little difficult to find the house mentioned in it because every single one in this neighbourhood looked the same.

He kept noticing every house number, searching for one with the no.213 on it. After almost passing what seemed like a hundred houses, he found it located in the street corner—A modest two-story house with red rooftops and cream walls, with a small garden housing various plants and saplings. There wasn't much space there for Cedric to set up a court for them to practice. He honestly had no idea what he was going to do or how he would teach the kids well.

He inhaled a few rounds of deep breaths before getting out of the car and walking down their driveway to ring the doorbell. He had prepared to introduce himself to the kids' parents and try his best to shape a good player out of the kids. He swept his mocha hair out of his face, and anxiously waited for the door to open.

When the door opened, it revealed a thin girl in black sweatpants and a white t-shirt, with her blonde hair tied in a ponytail. She had a profound, intimidating look on her face and she seized up Cedric from top to bottom, and then nodding at him, giving him his cue to introduce himself.

"Erm, good evening. I'm here for Clara Benson; Coach Cameron sent me here as the tennis coach." Cedric clarified in a polite tone, trying to suppress his anxiety over the whole thing.

"You're looking at her. We've been waiting for you", she said with no change in her expression.
"I would've been here sooner, but it took me a little while to find the right house. The turns were a little confusing." Cedric tried to explain his tardiness, and he was worried that he had made the wrong first impression.

Clara nodded, observing him keenly. " It's a miracle that you are just 5 minutes late. Sometimes even I get lost searching for my home. Let's go." Cedric watched her walk back to her house to pick up her racket and a water bottle from the couch.

By the time she walked out the door, Cedric was growing confused. "Coach Cameron mentioned something about teaching your brother as well", Cedric voiced his doubt and wondered if he'd get to sit and talk to her about the whole thing.

"Yes. He lives in the opposite house. Come", she said it in a casual, carefree tone as if Cedric was a fool to raise a brow in confusion at that. He followed the blonde girl who was slightly taller for the age of 13 to the opposite house, which was more extensive than the other homes with a vast open place on it's either side.

Instead of walking in through the front door, she led him into the garden on its right side which had a brand new tennis court built there with a new net and many tennis balls sitting in a bag. That sight relieved a bit of Cedric's anxiousness about how he'd arrange a court for them to practice.

Clara went and knocked on the massive sliding glass door by the patio, which was covered by plain grey curtains hanged on the other side.
"Wait, wait, wait for me", a shrill voice filled Cedric's ears, and he shot a look at Clara which was so much similar to a huge question mark.

Clara just sighed and shook her head, not explaining anything other than saying "drama queen is taking his time." Somehow, Cedric was already regretting accepting Coach Cameron's request, because really, he was not sure if he could do a good job of it.